Cinnamon

No more Aubiose :-(

Hi Guys,

Just thought you might like to be the first to know that we are now selling Aubiose 20kg bales in the shop. It has just this minute gone live and you can find it here: https://www.omlet.co.uk/shop/shop.php?product_id=9198

We are also expanding our range of health products massively and you will start to see them appear today. If there are any products that you would like to see on our shop please let us know by emailing stephanie@omlet.co.uk

Have a good day!

Steph

*Ummmm* How much?! :shock::shock:

I pay about £9 a bale here, at the Hungry Horse in Sutton Coldfield, but its only round the corner from us. Only had Hemcore in last time so had to get that but found it was really fibre'y and got wrapped around out lot's toes.

Never happened with Aubiose :?

I saw Aubiose was £9.95 at Cotswold Chickens - had lots of bales in too :D

£13 is quite expensive but the postage isn't too bad - 'spose some people will pay it! :D

My usual supplier (Todds in Kendal) has it in stock. When I bought it last summer it was under £10, now it's just over. I much prefer it as bedding in the houses than anything else I've tried, but I do switch to Easibed for larger areas purely from a cost point of view.

I took delivery of my Cube and 2 Pepperpots on Monday.....am new to chicken keeping and wondered if anyone could advise me if Hemcore is suitable for using outside in the extended run? I bought 2 bales but now think it might become soggy in the rain and perhaps woodchippings/bark would be better! Can anyone advise me please....thanks so much

I took delivery of my Cube and 2 Pepperpots on Monday.....am new to chicken keeping and wondered if anyone could advise me if Hemcore is suitable for using outside in the extended run? I bought 2 bales but now think it might become soggy in the rain and perhaps woodchippings/bark would be better! Can anyone advise me please....thanks so much

I have a cube with an extended run, which is covered with a clear tarp (you will need to cover it with something clear so that the chooks aren't paddling around in mud) and I use Aubiose in the run - it keeps pretty clean and I clear it out every 6 weeks or so. I would recommend attaching some plastic lawn edging to the bottom of the run with some cable ties, that way they won't kick it all out :lol:

Decided not to use scaffold planks for run edging....a bit OTT! Your idea of lawn edging with cable ties is brilliant but I think it would need to go on 4 sides of the run to keep the Hemcore in place wouldn't it?

I have a 2m run, so would I attach the lawn edging to the mesh on the run, or as an edging to a surround outside the run filled with woodchips? If it was attached to the run mesh, do I drill holes in the lawn edging to attach it with the cable ties? Isn't this complicated!!!

Also where do I get a clear tarpaulin for run.....can't find one on ebay! So many thanks to everyone x