Cinnamon

No more Aubiose :-(

Does anyone know where you can buy aubiose in Surrey? More specifically, Dorking/Reigate/Guildford or West Sussex. Just tried using wood chips today in chickens poo trays as opposed to just newspaper and miles better, now looking at everyone else's recommendations and aubiose seems to get the thumbs up from the forum. Thank you in advance of your pearls or wisdom! GNRPPPPGNR(cube purple)(whiterabbit):P

I saw this post and thought :anxious: have we cornered the market as we seem to have a vast amount of Aubiose in our garage. We don't seem to use much because Mr Wolfie is excellent at poo-picking! :angel: I would recommend our supplier on the South Nottingham/North Leicester border:

BAGFORCE Limited

Stathern Lane

Harby

LE14 4DA

Telephone: 01949 869486

They also supply Garvo and Smallholder Allen & Page foods. Good prices, Aubiose £8.99 a 20kg bale - and really good old fashioned service. 8)

We have used Hemcore as our supplier couldn't get Auboise a a sensible price in the far reaches of Lincolnshire.

However, it is thought that there is a better market for hemp based products in the building trade as insulation.

I know that an interior walling system made from straw was in use some 25 years ago. Stramit from memory.

I expect hemp has better insulating properties than straw, so can see the logic.

We've tried Easibed, which smells nice and woody and is currently on our trial, and have purchased a citronella spray to use for bug control in the Summer. The jury's out at this time...

Does anyone know where you can buy aubiose in Surrey? More specifically, Dorking/Reigate/Guildford or West Sussex. Just tried using wood chips today in chickens poo trays as opposed to just newspaper and miles better, now looking at everyone else's recommendations and aubiose seems to get the thumbs up from the forum. Thank you in advance of your pearls or wisdom! GNRPPPPGNR(cube purple)(whiterabbit):P

Hi, I get my Aubiose and Garvo from Rokers Animal Feed in Fairlands Farm, Holly Lane, Aldershot Road

Guildford, Surrey GU3 3PB

01483 235 355

Really good prices too!

We've tried Easibed, which smells nice and woody and is currently on our trial, and have purchased a citronella spray to use for bug control in the Summer. The jury's out at this time...

Can I ask which Citronella spray you use, please? Thank you! :D

I just fill a spray up with water and add some drops of citronella and eucalyptus oils, shake before use and it's great. :D

Can I ask which Citronella spray you use, please? Thank you! :D

I just fill a spray up with water and add some drops of citronella and eucalyptus oils, shake before use and it's great. :D

Thank you Claret :D Can I be really dim and ask about the ratio, please? How many drops and rough size of bottle, please, completely dim question I'm afraid! :doh::roll:

Ummmm - I am probably being really stupid :oops: but what is this stuff and what is everyone doing with it :eh: ? We just put a bit of straw in the nestbox bit of the Eglu. Is this OK or should we be using something else? (Guess you can always tell the newbies on the block!! :roll: ) Having read the whole of this thread I somehow feel we are failing our girls :(

We are in South Oxfordshire and have places at both Wallingford and Thame which should stock alternatives so should I try there or is straw fine?

Thanks

(white chicken) Korma

(white chicken) Kiev

(white chicken) Casserole

(green eglu)