Cinnamon

No more Aubiose :-(

I was at Battlesbridge Garden Centre today (about 20mins from Laindon) and the Horse Suppliers next door had loads of Auboise for £9.75 a bale. They also sell other Horse Beddings: EasiBed; Rapport (Spl ?) and others.

Battlesbridge Garden Centre has lots of good chicken supplies, and a few chickens (only 5 but one is a gorgeous Buff Orp Cockerel ) and quails to look at.

Add to that all the Antique shops you can have quite a nice few hours out. :)

Thanks everyone for all your help! :) That's why I love this forum everyone is really helpful and friendly!!! :D

Will head up to Battlesbridge this weekend to check it out, but it sounds very promising!

I used to go to a farm shop in Noak Bridge as its only 5 minutes up the road but I can't bear giving that man anymore of my hard earned cash! The stuff that I last bought from him isnt really suitable for my WIR it looks like wood shavings and it smells odd and has gone really damp..... :roll:

The last two bales of Bliss (rape straw, similar to Rapport or other rape straw bedding) only cost £7 from the farm shop and this batch seems to be much softer than previous ones. I'm really impressed with it. I think it is as good or better than Hemcore, stays really dry and dries out rapidly if bits at the edge get damp. A bale seems to go further than Hemcore too and both Hemcore and Aubiose are much more expensive (around £9 a bale).

Even if they get Hemcore or Aubiose in future, I'll be sticking with Bliss from now on!

We eneded up buying a bale of Bedmax which is very large wood shavings, ok for the house but no good in the nest boxes, one of our girls protested by laying outside in the run :roll: . we also bought a bale of Equiflax which is very fine, it wouldn't be any good outside in a run, but seems to make good nestbox material. has anyone else tried this? I am a bit concerned that they may try to wat it will it being sofine.

The last two bales of Bliss (rape straw, similar to Rapport or other rape straw bedding) only cost £7 from the farm shop and this batch seems to be much softer than previous ones. I'm really impressed with it. I think it is as good or better than Hemcore, stays really dry and dries out rapidly if bits at the edge get damp. A bale seems to go further than Hemcore too and both Hemcore and Aubiose are much more expensive (around £9 a bale).

Even if they get Hemcore or Aubiose in future, I'll be sticking with Bliss from now on!

the bale of bliss I brought new year is the same softer and a finer chop to it cost £7 40 through bet the next one will be more like £9

chickencam you didn't get Equiflax from the pet shop at dundry did you?

No it came from Gloucester mixed feeds why?

as much as I like bliss the sent is starting to iritate my throat so I need a change ans as I'm going to dundry next saturday I thourgh I might be able to pick a bale up I've not got much choice around here at the moment Abiose is too dear and as rare as hens teeth

Does anyone know anywhere I can get it near Henley-on-Thames, or in South Oxon in general? (cube red)

If you look back through the thread to Cinnamon's posts, she lives in Henley.

Saw some of this at Cotswold Chickens today but didn't get any as still have some. Now wondering whether I ought to have stocked up.

I must have seen you then.....

Saw some of this at Cotswold Chickens today but didn't get any as still have some. Now wondering whether I ought to have stocked up. Does anyone know anywhere I can get it near Henley-on-Thames, or in South Oxon in general? (cube red)

Oooooo...another Henley person! :P

Do you know Peppard Common?

There is an equestrian shop there called Equestrian World - they stock it, & if not they stock the Elephant Grass.

pm me if you need more details.

Yes! So you're the one with the lurcher motif! I love that! I was the lady buying two more chickens. Love them already, even if they are still nameless - got the 2yr old on the case. :lol:

Aaaahhhh, face to name now :D:D You had quite a car full there, not sure that you'd have fitted any Aubiose in there too :lol:

Never let your children name your pets - they end up with names like spot or patch :roll::lol::lol::lol: there speaks the voice of experience... we have two rabbits called Hunny Bunny and Cupcake :roll::oops:

Lol! Our first two were named by the 2yr old - Peppa (as in Peppa Pig) and Egg...The OH has named the new ones Beryl and Sylvia but it's a mystery why :lol:

Cinnamon - yep, I know Peppard Common well. I'm just up in Park Corner. Will drop in next time I'm over there and pick some up. Thanks for the tip. :)

Hi Guys,

Just thought you might like to be the first to know that we are now selling Aubiose 20kg bales in the shop. It has just this minute gone live and you can find it here: https://www.omlet.co.uk/shop/shop.php?product_id=9198

We are also expanding our range of health products massively and you will start to see them appear today. If there are any products that you would like to see on our shop please let us know by emailing stephanie@omlet.co.uk

Have a good day!

Steph