Charlottechicken

What's your favourite Christmas song?

I love the Sleigh Ride song - the one where friends are calling "YOOOOHOOOO!" because I can be really silly with that one. I also love It was Only a Winter's Tale, the Mike Oldfield one which is great for morris dancing - as long as you don't let go of the sock you are flinging around your head and get it stuck on a cactus with hooked barbs - which is what happened to DS and one of OH's socks. Took me ages to get it off the blinking plant! Then Let it Snow (which is losing it's popularity in this house!!!), the Pogues, I like the Shakin' Stevens one. And Walking in a Winter Wonderland. Favourite religious one - which I'm not is also Oh Holy Night - just reminds me of school concerts. Eartha Kitt is my favourite version - gggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrowllllll! :lol: Can't listen to the Gary Glitter ones now - make me shudder.

I can't believe no one has mentioned Mariah Carey 'All I want for Christmas is you'. That's my joint favourite alongside 'I want a hippopotamus for Christmas'. Don't know that one? Well, here it is as a special treat....

I guarantee you wont be able to get it out of your head! :lol:

... 'I want a hippopotamus for Christmas'. Don't know that one?

I guarantee you wont be able to get it out of your head! :lol:

:lol: I've never heard of this, so I had to listen .... what a fabulous song, thanks for sharing that one! (and you're right, I'm never going to get it out of my head! :roll: )

:lol::lol::lol: I thought the Major's would be "I'm Walking Backwards for Christmas" :wink:

Perhaps, but it's Adolphus' turn to be on strike this year*. Besides, he suffered so much during his last public performance that he's not keen on doing another.

*If you understand that comment fully, I'll be really impressed.

Hmmmmm, something to do with the musician's strike during the recording of The Great Tuscan Salami Scandal and the Treasure of the Lake in 1956....? Or am I way off the mark?

:lol::lol::lol: I thought the Major's would be "I'm Walking Backwards for Christmas" :wink:

Perhaps, but it's Adolphus' turn to be on strike this year*. Besides, he suffered so much during his last public performance that he's not keen on doing another.

*If you understand that comment fully, I'll be really impressed.

Hmmmmm, something to do with the musician's strike during the recording of The Great Tuscan Salami Scandal and the Treasure of the Lake in 1956....? Or am I way off the mark?

No. Bang on. One of the musical slots was filled by "Adolphus Spriggs" singing "I'm walking backwards for Christmas" in which he performs the accompanying moves and falls off the back of the stage. Given my moniker, I'm allowed to know sad trivia like that; what's your excuse.....

Brought up on the Goons and the Navy Lark.

No where near as knowledgeable as you though. Do you have all the scripts?

Or are you son of a Goon ......? :think:

My dad was Eccles and one of his brothers was Bluebottle. :lol: He used to call me Spotty Minnie Bannister at times. Thanks dad. :roll: The raspberry blowing in the Ying Tong song used to frighten me and I used to think it was a monster. Ahhh the power of Spike! :lol::lol::lol: Sadly don't have the scripts but dad had loads of 78's.