We've just come back home after a weekend away to find our chickens are actually dinosaurs... well that's what the size of this egg seems to suggest anyway...

My daughter Suki brought it in saying 'you are not going to believe the size of this egg!!!' and I did 'wow' in surprise when i saw it.... our biggest so far!!! It weighed in at 100grams exactly...

Here is a picture of it...

http://club.omlet.co.uk/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=12748

What are the biggest eggs everybody else has had? I saw a message about one over 130 grams....

Well we just cracked it to fry it today for Suki's supper, and yes it is a double yolk... I expected two small yolks, but these are huge yolks!!!

It might be a silly question, but why are there double yolks? Is this the equivalent of 'twins'? Would these have been two chicks if the egg had been fertilised? It seems double yolks are quite common....

We also had one huge egg which was a double yoker. Good question about twins. Shall have to look that one up.

Gosh how bg would it have been if it were triplets or more.......ouch. At least as humans we don't give birth to them all at the same time!

Chris

Well we just cracked it to fry it today for Suki's supper, and yes it is a double yolk... I expected two small yolks, but these are huge yolks!!!

It might be a silly question, but why are there double yolks? Is this the equivalent of 'twins'? Would these have been two chicks if the egg had been fertilised? It seems double yolks are quite common....

It is the equivelent of when a women releases two eggs which can result in twins but with a double yoker it would never hatch