Dizzy-Deb

Chicken Wellies is there such a thing ?

My lovely son brought me some for Christmas :clap::clap:

They werent from Joules though,there was a thread pre christmas, cant remember the name of the company though and I decided the ones I now have were nicer than Joules, Just my opinion though of course. Hopefully somebody will remember the web site and then you can have a look as well.

Oh I wish I'd seen these before Christmas, I bought some new wellies for me and my MIL, and some shorty boot things for MIL as well.

I think I have a faulty PC. I was only looking to see what the delivery charge would be on the short chicken wellibobs and somehow I managed to check out. (I wasn't sure of sizing, so I'm going to end up with 1xsize 5 and 1xsize 6 as I happened to have one of each in my basket at the time. I can always return one of sell it on ebay I guess!).

I am shocked at how easily led I am.

Joules Chicken Wellies - WARNING!

I got these lovely wellies for Christmas last year and just today - only 13 months after purchase - they've split along the top seam :evil: considering the cost of these wellies i do think they should have been better made.

What's even more ironic is that i wrote to Joules only yesterday to complain that my daughter's wellies, only 18 months old and rarely used split along the top seam too! :twisted:

I'm so stupid.

I ordered two pairs of these, size 5 and size 6 as I'm a bit inbetween when it comes to shoes. Both pairs of lovely chicken wellibobs arrived today. They're lovely.

I can't wear either of them.

I had a DVT a few years ago which resulted in my main vein in my left leg being full of scar tissue, and my left calf significantly larger than my right.

I can't wear these sort of boots at all.

What a waste. Although the company bought them from will take them back, i'll still lose the postage costs. I'm going to work up enthusiasm over the next few days to get them put on Ebay.

Bother, bother, bother.

My Joules wellies disintegrated after one winter on the doorstep in wind and rain. :( I too was not impressed considering how much they cost. My sister took great delight in telling me I should have bought a pair of Hunter wellies! However they just don't look very nice and they are not funky!!!

Hunter do some incredibly funky colours these days - they have some lilac RHS flowery ones out at the moment. Might be worth checking the stores for any previous designs as they seem to change them each year. And they do last! And they do them short and with wider calves now. I've tried to buy funky wellies but they have always split, so I end up going back to my 20 year old, plain navy hunters. When they eventually wear out I will treat myself to a funky pair, but I may have quite a wait! :roll:

How interesting, my Joules chicken wellies have split too. Didn't imagine that others would have had the same problem - I don't think I will be buying another pair.

I don't know how long they have been split, but I noticed in the snow when I had wet feet after being out in my wellies :twisted:

They'll be fine to last me through til next autumn, but I think a pair of Hunter wellies is going to be on my list before next winter.

Being a bit of a cheapskate I got some children's hunter wellies. £20 and they do up to a size 5. They are just slightly shorter than adults and have reflectors on the back but I think they can be removed.

Also managed to get some neoprene hunter ones from amazon before Christmas as a pressie for my MIL - they were under £40.

Here's the response I got from Joules.... silly me thinking they could be worn in wet weather. :doh:

Good afternoon Laurie,

Many thanks for your email.

I am sorry to hear that your daughter's wellies have deteriorated so quickly. I am not aware with any common faulty in any of our welly's, however, they are more of a fashion item then a hard wearing work boot.