welovemarmite

We're all planning walk in runs! PART 3!

Wonderful the colours are great, the girls can't believe their eyes :lol:

Migsy yours is great too :clap::clap::dance: Have you really still got plants in there. Bet you just put them in for the photo and snatched them out before she could eat them :lol:

Thanks for posting. :D

Couple of new Runs for Mostin!

Hello all, its been a while since i have been on here and i thought i would share pictures of my home made runs.

We have over 30 chickens now so we need multiple walk in runs. Those who know us will know we have the space, its just the time and money we often lack. So as a hoarder i can usually put together a run or two........

These are foster homes until we decide where else in the garden they go.

New Babies Run

1280353897_resized.jpg

1280353900_resized.jpg

1280353909_resized.jpg

1280353913_resized.jpg

New Run for Big Bad Bill

Bill is one of our resident cockerels. He is a bit noisy and very boisterous, he hates me and charges me every chance he gets. So we needed somewhere secluded he could go away from our other cockerel and so i dont get attacked every time i am out mowing the lawn. this is his home for now......

1280354033_resized.jpg

1280354034_resized.jpg

1280354038_resized.jpg

1280354040_resized.jpg

1280354041_resized.jpg

1280354044_resized.jpg

And finally a picture showing both runs together - taken just before we moved Big Bad Bill in...

1280354021_resized.jpg

Oh shaunw they are wonderful 8) . How on earth did you let her get to 30 :lol::lol::lol:

Haven't I got a clever hubby Plum :lol::lol: . A lot less marital friction now that Mr Wood isn't being attacked by Bill every day :oops::roll: , and the babies just love playing in their new run.

In the spring, he will have a couple of "ladies" to keep him company :lol::lol:, when I want to breed even more chicks for my ever expanding chicken empire mwaaaa haaaa haaaa :twisted::twisted: .

How high up is your superglug shaunw and mostin :?: I want to fix mine somehow but I don't think the mesh is strong enough to support it :think: I 've got a Tony. Any ideas any one :?:

I'll measure when I'm out tonight for you. I've got one attached to the mesh in the big run, and one in Bills run. I'll see what hights they are both at.

Yes miss loud and clear,

I wouldn't hang it from the wire that is why I put the run wire onto bits of wood and then screwed them into the uprights (the uprights of the run panels are you understanding me Judy? :lol: ) but if you know the exact height you want it you can do it exactly where you want it. Have you measured the chickens with neck outstretched :wink:

Mine isn't on a freestanding frame it is solid. :D