welovemarmite

We're all planning walk in runs! PART 3!

Your girls got any water yet Judy :D

Well- I came up with a solution and I am going to try it out today. :D I shall ge some kind of baton from Wickes and screw it to the uprights . Then I am going to screw in a Kroken rail from Ikea and then suspend the superglug from that. Thanks for your input Plum. I can't actually get at my old run. It now rests in a pile of nettles. We put it at the top of the garden when we got the WIR and the nettles have just grown around it. :(

Mostin-thanks for measuring up :)

Your girls got any water yet Judy :D

Well- I came up with a solution and I am going to try it out today. :D I shall ge some kind of baton from Wickes and screw it to the uprights . Then I am going to screw in a Kroken rail from Ikea and then suspend the superglug from that. Thanks for your input Plum. I can't actually get at my old run. It now rests in a pile of nettles. We put it at the top of the garden when we got the WIR and the nettles have just grown around it. :(

Mostin-thanks for measuring up :)

4 hours later

Well- it's up :D Hubby found me a piece of wood and screwed it onto the uprights together with the Kroken rail. It's about 48cm from the ground so the little dears should be able to reach. I hope they decide to use it after all this :P

I think I need to share the progress of my walk in run too......

It's a well known tale of GNR(Bluebelle)PP and a brightly coloured piece of movable plastic (red eglu) that before too long became GNRGNRPPPP(Bluebelle)(Bluebelle) and more even larger and brighter plastic (cube blue) , which in turn became ten GNR ....twelve PP ....14 (Bluebelle) ........... and 'well now I would like...'

There is an additional undercurrent to this tale of a garden with grass aplenty that became a cross between a Kansas dustbowl and Paschendaele as a house being renovated is suddenly put on hold as the needs of the feathered ladies became far more urgent........and the ability to be 'Tonied' became a 'sorry to far to travel '....

Next instalment when I have remembered how to login to photobucket :oops: Unless you've heard enough already :cry::cry:

It looks very nice! I especially like the dual pitched onduline roof. Seems quite good value too. I would ask them if you could have a kick board at the bottom so that they do not kick out Auboise if you are going to use it. You might as well since it has a roof to keep it dry. 8)

Thought I should remember how it was when we had grass.....

14072008187-1.jpg

Ok then- instalment 2. Now please remember it is a work in progress and we are NOT finished but OH is doing an amazing job!!

This is the overall entrance to Chickenville. Our whole run is going to be mainly trellis panels handmade by OH as he is a bit of a perfectionist. You can just see the start of the housing through the gates.

IMG_0197-1.jpg

Edited cos I forgot :oops: to resize and check spelling typos

Edited by Guest

Thanks for that Shaun- I'll tell him. Your stuff from last week looks really good. I am pleased with myself having made three of the trellis panels( under guidance of course :lol: )

And finally for now a couple of aerial shots from the ramp that goes up the side of our garage.

IMG_0220-1.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0217-1.jpg

Just a final word to any newbies who may look at these pics in horror... the grass has taken a major beating because we have got two big dogs, lots of chickens now and there has been an awful lot of building work over the past two years. Where the chicken run is now and was originally, we had the builders travelling across with a dumper truck and tipping the spoil from the garage over the stone wall so that we could use it to landscape the lower garden. The chickens are NOT to blame!! :shameonu:

Janeears Looks eggcellent to me :D I agree about the kick boards although mine manage to kick lots of theirs out in spite of the boards. Does it give a gauge rating for the weld mesh and is the roof meshed over underneath the Onduline.? My Tony cost me a small fortune :( although I have to say it was worth it and is about the same size as this one :P

How easy is it to change your mind after buying a WIR to swap an eglu classic from inside to outside? We're still debating the whole issue of WIR (Bay Animal Housing 12 x 5 x 6) and would probably have the coop inside the run initially but my longterm plan is to have it ouside to maximise space and for ease of cleaning. :anxious:

Are you an 'inny' or an 'outy'?!! Where do you feel your eglu is best placed? :?:?

How does one actually adapt the run safely? We are not DIY devotees(!!) so would need to have some help, I think! Do you just cut the weldmesh to size or is it slightly more technical than that?! I've looked at the WIR photos posts for inspiration but am not sure quite how to proceed. :?

All opinions welcomed. :D