ubereglu

Tubtrugs

Yesterday I bought a tubtrug from the garden centre when we went to buy some more compost and petunias and I also came back with a tubtrug.

I bought a small pink one, but you can get them in loads of colours and some of the colours even match your crocs and eglus!

Click Here to take a look at the official website!

Click here to see a picture of the one I bought,

I have a tub trug fetish :oops: My ponies have matching large water ones and small feed ones in their respective colours-blue and green, and for the chooks I have a purple one (for dirty shavings) and a green one (for clean shavings) that match the purple and green of my eglu.

I have other tub trugs in different colours for different jobs, I am so sad.

I have a tub trug fetish :oops: .........I am so sad.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was going to post that, but was too embarrassed!! I use the large purple for dirty bits, the small blue (to match the eglu) for clean and the small purple for the garden!

OH stears me away from the tubtrugs in the garden centre! :oops:

Good on you Rhapsody for your honesty!

(freak) :wink:

Big tubtrugs fans here too :D

I like the way you can pull the handles together to carry them like a shopping basket. Lord knows what the neighbours think of me when I'm in the lane doing my pruning with my pink gardening gloves and matching tubtrug ... when I get my pink crocs to finish off my ensemble they're gonna be sooo impressed :dance:

Lord knows what the neighbours think of me when I'm in the lane doing my pruning with my pink gardening gloves and matching tubtrug ... when I get my pink crocs to finish off my ensemble they're gonna be sooo impressed :dance:

I have purple crocs and purple gardening gloves....I keep thinking "I must get a purple Tubtrug too!" :roll::lol:

I have purple crocs and purple gardening gloves....I keep thinking "I must get a purple Tubtrug too!" :roll::lol:

Hah - but you don't have a (purple eglu) !!

dammit, I've got an orange Tubtrug and blue crocs - didn't occur to me to co-ordinate them. Hmm, perhaps I need to go shopping ... :wink:

Don't rub it in!!!!

They introduced purple Eglus 1 week after I got mine! My 2nd one was a "pre owned" bargain that was too good an opportunity to miss because of the colour. I do luuuuurrrrrve purple though.

dammit, I've got an orange Tubtrug and blue crocs - didn't occur to me to co-ordinate them. Hmm, perhaps I need to go shopping ... :wink:

:lol: That could be some shopping trip Olly!

Orange eglu and crocs to match the tubtrug,

Blue eglu and tubtrug to match the crocs .....

I could go on .... :wink:

crumbs - I was just thinking of purple crocs and tubtrug - don't tempt me!

Although now you mention it ... funny that they do Eglus in exactly the colours that I've chosen for the other items! :lol:

Incidentally, a friend was so impressed with my Tubtrug, she told me at the weekend that she'd bought one in Sainsburys - very cheaply. I haven't seen it so I don't know if it was the real thing or not, but I'm going to check it out in case they are on offer!

I get mine from my local farm supplies shop in the horsey section and they are much cheaper than elsewhere (can't remember how much but remember shopping around a bit at the time and deciding they were best price)

I thought I was the only one with a problem in this way. I have a few already, but for some reason feel I have to get more. And thanks for the link to their website! Now I want to have all the different sizes. I shall have to get some of these for my birthday or something...

they are just sooo useful. I mainly use mine in the garden to collect weeds etc. to transport to the compost heap, or the recycling bags. I hosed it out and took it camping, it was useful in the car to hold things and then when we got there, it was ideal for collecting the washing-up in and taking it to the sinks - we could have used it as a washing-up bowl, if we'd needed it. I've called it into service since then for soaking some clothes in, as it's bigger than any of the buckets I've got (and cleaner!)

My friend has one in her bedroom with shoes in, and one at each end of the stairs, for collecting things that belong at the other end and transporting them up/down.

I definitely, definitely want some more! Next time I have a party I'm going to fill one with ice and stick beer/wine bottles in it to cool down.

Come on then - who else has found another use for their Tubtrug?

hi

i just had to join in, i was a bit of a mad gardener before i had children and i have loads of trugs, i absolutely love them! it used to be abit of an adiction. the only problem was that hubbie is a builder and they discovered they are good for all kinds of things, like mixing concrete in!!

anyway pink ones are good because what big strong builder wants to be seen with a pink trug in their truck!!

kiddycare in peterbourgh had them on sale not long ago for £2.99, they are also great toyboxes!

just found they have some blue ones left, they are more plastic than rubbery (i actually prefer the rubbery ones) but they do the job and they are cheaper than some i have bought, they did have pink ones but they might have run out.

http://www.kiddicare.com/invt/xdlplastictub?No=30&N=1467&Ns=price

I have only recently discovered this forum and you all seem sooooo lovely, you all have a great sense of humor and offer a great deal of helpful information.

i have been lusting after an eglu for ages but am finding it hard to find a secondhand one near me. i actually want to start keeping chickens and some bunnies so i am looking at getting two. Hubbie will be mad if i buy new ones!

having two really small children i am a bit obsessed with pooh and wee and i never seemed to get the wooden cages really clean and being in the year of the 'earwig' there would be masses living with the poor bunnies, the eglu has to be the only way to go, and they are just such a great design.

:D:D:D:D take care