Olly

Help please - struggling with Converter

Anyone out there who can advise me (or post a pic) of how the run converter and extension go together? There's no guidance on the website, and although this sounds as if it should be very simple, I am struggling so far.

Which bit goes next to the original run? does the height of the extended run go up or down in relation to the original run? :?

I am reaching the 'don't care, will just chuck it back in the garage' stage (accompanied by stamping of foot and pouting). Help, please, before I turn back into a five-year old!

:lol: don't worry, it will all come together once you work out what goes where :wink:

The converter has a slightly angled side to attatch to the original end of the run where the door is, this straightens out the end, so the extension can then just add length.

The height appears to drop where the converter joins the original run, but it actually only straightens out, which will become obvious when the extension goes on :?

These don't seem very clear on reading back, but I hope it makes sense :?

karen x

Karen has explained it quite well (if you know what you are doing - I struggled too).

Look here

http://www.omlet.co.uk/shop/shop.php?cat=Chicken%20Extras&sub=general&product_id=185

It shows the angle sideways on - and if you then look at the extension - just below it in the shop - you will see it is straight where the converter is angled.

Probably makes as much sense as Karen's post if you are struggling.

I knew what I was looking for but still could not see it - I asked OH and he got it straight away.

Good luck - have a drink afterwards you deserve it!

I sold Olivia the convertor and extension and was so upset to hear of her struggle last night when I got in.

I didn't get any instructions with mine when I bought it when they first came out so just tried it different ways and it fitted. But it is so hard to see by the diagrams on the website.

Olivia - if you can't do it and don't want it - I will happily send you a cheque refunding your money.

I do so hope someone can help.

I put the two identical parts together so that it made a n like a tunnel, and then the other two, and stood them along in front of the run and turned them around until I could see how the went - if that is any help

I will give you a call

Dilly, please don't worry - it fitted together when you had it, so I am sure it will go back together at some point! Don't feel bad about it, I do wish Omlet did guides to these sort of things on the website (hint!) but I'm sure it's just a case of perseverance.

I'm going to get a friend to help at the weekend, it would be easier with someone to hold the other side and pull/push as required to get it into shape. Thanks for the other posts - if anyone else out there has got one and could take a pic, I think it might help!

Luckily, as I'm considerably older than five, I can resort to gin and tonic instead of the naughty step! If I'd been able to drink gin then, I wouldn't have got into nearly so much trouble at school. :wink:

You have four pieces.

Two of them are completely straight up and down on each side. Join them together with clips to form a tunnel, and put them to one side, as these are the extension that goes at the far end.

The other two pieces are straight on one side and shaped on the other. Join them together to form the convertor, and then clip the shaped side to the existing run (after removing the end with the door, of course)

Take the extension that you put to one side and join that to the other end of the convertor.

Attach the end with the door to the other end of the extension.

This picture might help. You can see the funny shape of the piece in the middle.

I think Ollie is going to have another go at the weekend - its a bit difficult after work, so any advice you could give or a drawing would be very helpful.

xx

i've got just the converter. Like Gallina and the others say - lay it out first, the two halves with the curved end fit on the end of your original run. This serves to straighten out the curve on the front end of the run so that other sections can be added. If you bear that in mind you should be ok.

I've just been and had a look to take a photo and I cant see a curved bit the others are talking about at all.

I just joined the centre together on mine and then then butted it onto the end so that it went from angled to straight.

I'm sure it said on the instructions don't overlap them and I can't see how e could have done it any differently.

Have looked for the instructions too so I could scan them but no luck

I think they're talking about the angled end when they say curved end. Olly, if you still have trouble, I can pop by and help you out with it, having beaten mine into submission a number of times when moving the eglu, you're not very far away at all!

I bought mine when they first came out last year and didn't get any instructions with mine :roll:

At the moment I am losing sleep in case I have given Ollie one of the parts from my Eglu run, but she did say that the bits she has are not the same as the end of the Eglu run - or at least do not appear to be - but it is difficult if you are doing it on your own and in a rush.

I have contacted the lady who bought my Eglu and run - which she hasn't assembled as it is going to Wales and she is going to check her bits tonight.

Phew - the grey hairs I am getting.

Everyone keep their fingers and toes crossed.

Thank you so much for all the helpful replies (Gallina, your run looks immaculate - how do you keep it so tidy?) and particular thanks to Aunty E for offers of help. I'd love to come over and see

I feel bad because poor Dilly is losing sleep over this; she feels bad because I can't get the bits to fit together; let's hope the Eglu purchaser can put our minds at rest one way or another! I shall be very :oops::oops: if it turns out I'm just being very thick.

When I know which bit goes where I am going to code them with paint or nail polish or something.

I previously bought a run and converter second-hand and the lady that sold it to me had marked all the ends with different coloured cable ties to show which bit should fit to which bit. Clever eh? I probably wouldn't have thought of doing that.

Aunty e - as I have have already been through the process once I should be OK when I get yours!

If only I had thought if that - but it must have been beginners luck with me when I bought mine.

I just assembled the two sets. in their individual 'tunnels' then turned them this way and that until they lined up, then clipped them all together.

I feel really bad that Ollie is having trouble.

Dilly, I have had a rest from it this week - no time to try it since Monday morning. Please don't worry, when it gets too much I just open the cupboard and look at all the lovely chutney and jam you gave me :wink: (sadly the delicious cake is long gone).

Aunty E, I have sent you a pm; I would be eternally grateful if you could help!

I have the basic run plus converter Olly. Took some photos today to see if they might be of any help to you.

This is where the converter joins the main run (you can see the different mesh pattern on the converter)

24thMay045.jpg

Standard run plus converter (obviously you have an extension to go on as well)

24thMay046.jpg

Hope you get it sorted soon! :D

Thanks for that Snowy - that's very clear. I'm sure now that the converter is the bit that I've attached to the run, just can't get the other bit to fit.

However, marvellous Aunty E is kindly coming to visit me this evening, just to help me put it all together - I am looking forward to meeting her. This forum is just fantastic, I don't know what I'd do without it.

I'll report back later!