Kittens, that is. :lol:

We're finally in the wonderful position of taking on a new kitten, our beloved cat of 19 years was pts last September and our home hasn't been the same since.

The friend we're having one from has 3 cats with kittens, there are a group of 3 mums and 8 kittens, two sets of triplets and a set of twins. I was originally determined to only have one, but when I saw the two siblings, my heart melted.

Time, space, costs have all been considered, it's just down to me to decide now. :?

So, wise Omleteers, what do I do?

Are two kittens/cats a good idea? I work as a Supply teacher so work is erratic. They won't be old enough to leave their mum for another 4 weeks. I'm in a complete quandry.

Advice, please :)

TWO! :D

We got our two girls (sisters) and they love having each other to play with!

although when we got got them "done" the vets had a box of 5 week old kittens someone had dumped so came home with an extra - wish i'd got the last two from that litter too though! xx

Thanks, everyone :D

Two it is then!

(Didn't really need to ask but I thought there might have been at least one reason why to not have two :wink: )

As soon as I can get some pictures, I'll try and post them.

All I need to do now is find out what sex they are, sort out names :lol:

Look under the tail: females have an upside down exclamation mark, boys have a colon (two dots)

Thanks, Claret, I'll try and have a look the next time I go and see them. photos to help, maybe? Lol :lol:

Ahh lovely - I've never had two kittens at once so no idea but two sounds like a good idea re keeping each other company. :D

Can't wait to see some photos.

You may even get to meet them, hopefully we'll collect them during TT week :dance: if you're still coming :anxious:

Am I too late? 6? 7? 10? ....or am I getting carried away? I'd have gone with the others and said 2. I got my two boys, brothers, when they were 8 weeks old and I was working and they were great company for each other and still are. I'm currently contemplating getting another kitten, and had planned to go see some on Sunday, but glad I didn't with all that's happened since, but think I will get one at some stage.....

I went and had another quick cuddle today, and a quick inspection showed two different, umm, rear views as it were so I think I can safely say it's one of each. Which makes me really :dance:

If I can get photobucket to behave I'll post the front view pics :lol:

Omletina, thank you for taking the time to post, I hope when things are better for you that you will get another kitten (or two so that it won't be the odd one out :wink: )

Thank you everyone for posting and confirming my own thoughts x