Tiggy

Molly ferral cat-*update p 5

Molly is almost 10 now and came from a ferral litter she has never been friendly to anyone except DS he is now away at uni and she has reverted to being totally wild, poos & wees every where is aggressive to the other 2 cats and to us. I dont know what to do. OH is at the end of his tether with her, we dont want to have to put her to sleep DS would be devistated any ideas?

Edited by Guest

I would suggest feliway as well - works wonders with keeping the peace in my house and I can always tell when it's run out as they start to bicker. If you can catch her without sustaining injuries, maybe take Molly off to the vets for a check-up, just to make sure she's healthy and there are no medical causes for her behaviour. If she has something like a bad tooth, she won't be at her friendliest!

When Cleo took to fouling the house (she objected to Tozi moving in), I limited the damage by closing off rooms so she couldn't get everywhere. It may mean sacrificing one carpet, but that was much better than having the whole house re-done, and I'd read somewhere that they're happier in a smaller space if they're feeling insecure. Because she's such a cuddle-grub, I had to avoid telling Cleo off as that upset her even more, and we got through it eventually - she quite likes Tozi now.

Good luck with Molly.

I spoke to the vet last night she suggested Feliway too, poor Molly has had a lot to deal with the last few months, DS went to Uni in Sept, he was her pet human :lol: he can do anything with her. She has never been that friendly with the rest of us. Then a tom cat arived, we tried to keep him out and find where he came from but no luck. He forced his way through a locked cat flap and broke it. He is a lovely chap but Molly does not agree and has attacked him several times, once biting right through his ear :shock: . He has not hurt her at all and runs away when she growls at him :lol: She is tiny and he is the size of bag puss :lol:

My other old girl Tiggy is 23 now and deaf so mostly doesnt even acknowledge he is there, he runs away from her too :lol:

I may get some pheramone spray too and spray him with it and put some onto of the chest of draws she sleeps on. My home is truning into a mad house :roll:

I may get some pheramone spray too and spray him with it and put some onto of the chest of draws she sleeps on. My home is truning into a mad house :roll:

You shouldn't use Feliway spray directly on a cat but is is sometimes used an a fabric cat collar or bandana :wink:

Ok I was going to ask the vet about it, Im sure Thomas would be impressed with a nice new collar 8)

I'd be inclined to think that it's the intruder who's caused the problem - that's usually the case when a cat starts fouling in the house, she may be too scared to go outside. I'd be inclined to bring in a litter tray while she calms down a bit, and then you can start persuading her to go outside again.

Feliway is brilliant, in fact that reminds me, I need some more as it keeps my two from entering into battle when they meet in the kitchen. I'd just get a plug-in diffuser.

Cleo did that too - I think it was her way of territory marking (well I didn't want to go into the room after she'd been in it!). She always fouled the bedrooms, not the living-room, so keeping their doors closed seemed to help, except when I went to bed and she'd leave me a little deposit for the morning :shock:.

Cleo's very clingy, so constant cuddles and reassurance were the trick to getting her through this stage, but it did take over three weeks of constant mess and I was wondering if we were ever going to get past it. Does Molly have anything she particularly likes - she doesn't sound cuddly, but does she play, or are there any particular toys or treats you can spoil her and make her feel special with? I know making them feel special is not always the first thought on your mind when you're cleaning up yet again and you'd dearly love to throttle the ungrateful little wotsit :lol:

I only have one cat. But when she's been upset (moving house, a new puppy etc) she would start doing poos on our bed. Apparently a 'trained' cat pooping in the wrong place is their idea of saying 'I'm not happy you know!'

It doesn't help your situation but we've always got over it by giving her lots of cuddles and treats.

Im so glad its not only me, Ive felt as if Ive been a very bad cat owner. She poos in the dining room that we dont use very much, on windowsills and she even did one on my bed when I was asleep, making her point I suppose little madam :lol: I shall try all of your suggestions, including shutting Tom in the laundry overnight so we are not awakened by a screaming Molly in the early hours

so far so good they seem to have calmed down a bit Im going to get the spray and another plug in, thomas seems braver around Tiggy and Molly is still growling at him but there's no screaming in the middle of the night & no poo or wee any where, the power of Omlet strikes again 8)

we now have 3 feliway plug ins, Im feeding Molly on top of a chest of draws on the landing where she has taken up a lookout position and have sprayed the cloth with feliway, no poo or wee from her in the house so far. They all now have collars sprayed with the stuff too :roll: should be very chilled out in the next few days.

Tiggy cat even went outside for the first time in 7 months this morning :clap: hopefully she will get the message and stop pooing in the cellar. I have a covered litter tray now in the downstairs loo she was taking an interest in it this morning so you never know

If Thomas gets any more laid back he will be permenantly horrizontal :lol: if only he would stop chasing Molly. Ive been at home for the last few days and shook a rattle at him every time he did it, which stopped him at the time. We'll have to see how it goes long term.

So good to hear things have improved :D. Feliway is an essential part of my house with two plug-ins working at all times.

My lovely laid-bacl Loki-boy still tries to get Puddy to play chase with him - after over four years of being hissed and spat at :shock: Just will not take the hint :wall: . But then, he tries to get the hens to play chase too :doh:

*sigh* I'm resigned to the fact that Welly and Claudette will never be friends; he would like to be, but she hisses and spits at him (out of nerves) and so he retaliates by swiping her. It's a shame but she is very neurotic and doesn't get on with anyone except me. It's a relief to hear that other people's cats co-exist with this sort of relationship! I think it's a miracle that they can now be within three feet of each other without fur flying, they couldn't be in the same room for the first year.

Feliway definitely helps to calm them both down, Claudette still makes a noise like a kettle boiling, but she is much less aggressive when I have a plug-in on the go.

So glad I've read this thread as I'm beginning to pull my hair out with my two cats. Since Sophie's tail has been injured, Dave has taken to rugby tackling her every time he sees her. She's getting on a bit and really doesn't like being wrestled to the floor. She's taking so long to get around the house as she's watching to see where he is all the time.

I will order some Feliway straightaway :roll::D

Tiggy cat is much calmer but she really wasn't the problem, Molly will let me stroke her for a while which is a start, she is very timid now. She was aggressive all the time before the feliway I so hope things are better for her soon

We have gone from a 3cat household to just one :( Tiggy died 2 weeks ago and then we went on holiday and Thomas is nowhere to be seen, DS looked after the cats and chicks whilst we were away Molly is much friendlier but I wonder where he has got to after causing almost a year of chaos!

I'd be inclined to think that it's the intruder who's caused the problem - that's usually the case when a cat starts fouling in the house, she may be too scared to go outside. I'd be inclined to bring in a litter tray while she calms down a bit, and then you can start persuading her to go outside again.

I had a problem with one of my cats weeing everywhere in the house. It was because he was being terrorised by a younger neighbouring cat. Unfortunately, the only thing that stopped him ruining all my carpets and rugs was getting a litter tray. We moved house and I got rid of the litter tray. He goes outside in the garden (the chicken's dust bath in fact :() to do his business now.

the saga goes on, I've managed to prise Molly out of our airing cupboard where she had been for a week, she wouldnt use the litter tray, was pooing in OH study :vom: didnt go down well. I got her to go into the garden on Saturday and she seemed fine until she spotted thomas and took off. The last 2 days Ive fed her in the garden where she comes out for a fuss (very uncharacteristic). the weather is OK so I suppose she will be fine out there at the moment but Thomas now chases her out of the garden. I do hope that with a little space between them things settle down, Molly has caused some real deep scratches on Thomas face, so I can see why he chases her away, but it was her house first :(