Tiggy

Molly ferral cat-*update p 5

OK so it's not ideal but Molly now sleeps in the airing cupboard, I feed her on the landing then put her out side every morning and call her in at night so far so good. Thomas has a very nasty injury on his ear, looks too big for Molly to have done it, maybe he has had a battle with one of the other local cats, he has kept all the big toms out of our garden since he arrived which is great- also saw him chase a young fox out of the garden early one morning last week :D didnt expect that 8)

I really need some advice here, things are going from bad to worse, Molly seems to be reverting to wild, she is constantly on the alert, growling, aggressive without warning. My Dad who is 76 and taking warfarin came to see me and she jumped up and was happily letting him stroke her when she suddenly bit his hand very badly. He is now on antibiotics for 3 weeks. Thomas has a very nasty injury on his face, looks like a claw mark and he is keeping a low profiel (big softie chases foxes but cannot deal with little Molly). She is staying outside most of the time now and turns up to be fed but I cant get any where near her, she does not look ill or injured but when the weather changes Im not sure she will be OK living like this. Any ideas? Im going to ring the vet today?

Oh dear, sorry to hear it. I take it you've tried Feliway.

Is it definitely Thomas - there's no third party involved who might be upsetting the balance, i.e. an intruder coming in during the day?

No bright ideas, I'm afraid - I too have a hissy, spitty cat who bites people and I've just resigned myself to the fact that she'll never be a lap cat, but she loves being in the house, so it's not the same as your situation.

have tried feilaway & cat nip, feeding her upstairs (where she then poos even though there is a litter tray). She is 10 and has never been a lap cat except when DS is around she adores him. When Tiggy was alive I think she kept Molly in order. Now that Tiggy has died Thomas is not standing for Mollys antics and has clobbered her a few times even though he does run and hide most of the time. He has been with us for a year so not realy an intruder anymore.

She is 10
just spoke to vet' date=' Molly is going for bloods next week ?? is hyperthyroid, vet says she will get her protective gauntlets at the ready :lol:[/quote']

Just what I was going to suggest. She could well have thyroid issue. It can make them very stroppy indeed. Does she eat lots and stay skinny?

has never been big but she is very hungry and certainly isnt getting any fatter, Molly was always a little bit wary but now she is like a thing possesed :lol: So unhappy looks terrified all the time and really ready to attack at any moment. I hope it is a medical problem we can sort out. The thought of getting pills down her fills me with dread :shock:

I took Molly to the vet today, we hoped she had an overactive thyroid which would account for her attacking my Dads hand last week, but the vet has found a mass in her abdomen :( She had blood taken today and was as good as gold. We may get an x ray done but poor little thing may be saying goodbye it's not been a good year for pets in our household this year :(