Cinnamon

The Christmas Thread

We had a great day too.

My dad came over along with my sister & her boyfriend with the news that they had got engaged that morning! :P:clap::clap::clap:

So it was a very special day all round really - double celebrations!

Am about to start a nice Boxing Day fry for the Husband & myself....daughters are still in bed :lol:

Morning all!

Apologies for missing sending a "Happy Christmas" message to all in Omlet World :oops: .........but Happy Boxing Day to one and all, hooman, feathered and furred...........

We had a fairly quiet day due to seasonal colds......bah humbug!.....and as always, anything where my sister is involved is planned and executed with military precision, she so needs to relax :roll:

I'm in the midst of mucking out the WIR, as you do on Boxing Day :wink: .........then once everyone is risen, we'll take the dogges for a walk & back to mum's for a relaxed lunch without my sis, who has her MIL to organise today :lol:

Wishing you all a very happy & peaceful 2012

Lots of love,

Sha xx

Happy Boxing Day, lovely to hear peoples news :D Looney it won't seem long until your little ones are teenagers :shock: I remember so well the days of OH spending hours putting stickers on Barbie houses and building up models...happy days :D

Had a lovely day yesterday with the family. The Morrisons turkey crown that I had been swithering about buying turned out to be a great success so no more Marks and Spencers orders for me :D I too got the needle felting kit I wanted so I am really happy. Just sorted the girls and rabbits out and now organised to go into town for the sales. YS headed off earlier with his friend clutching his Christmas cash. It is a miracle that he managed to get up (he usually struggles to get up for school) as he didn't get in until about 2am due to him working at a hotel from 5pm :shock:

Happy Boxing Day, nice to see everyone seems to have had a good Christmas. We had a lovely turkey crown from Costco, still got half of it in the fridge, need to slice that up and freeze it today.

OH and I didn't buy each other much this year as we are paying out a lot to have our drive done next week. So I got him two jars of fruit, one with peaches in brandy and another with apricots in amaretto and he got me a pack of 3prs of reading glasses from Costco :lol::lol::lol:

This morning all we wanted was a lie in and a nice cup of tea and OH went down, put the kettle on and it promptly blew up! Had to dash to the shops at 9am to buy a new one and then had a very quick browse round the sale in Boots and picked up a few half price things in there. The car park was rammed as the Next sale had been on for some hours already. Have to say much as I love Next I just couldn't be bothered to go in there.

Lovely news, Cinnamon :P .

We had a nice day at my in-laws, MIL made a lovely meal (she does really well for being nearly mid-80s 8) ) and we saw brother & sister-in-law & nephew briefly too.

I got far more chocolate than is really necessary (bang goes the planned diet :roll: ) but it's Thorntons so it would be rude not to eat it :whistle: .

It's been blowing a gale for days so spent a while this morning repairing the trellis and picking up all the bits of plastic from the shed window that shattered into a million pieces :? . Need to tell the neighbours they've lost another tile too :roll: . Hens are happy as the bird feeders have scattered bird seed far and wide :lol: .