Cinnamon

The Christmas Thread

House is decent & this morning I have dug out & replaced all the bedding in the run so we have cosy chooks too.

OH has started his gravy, pheasants for dinner are defrosting and we just have veg to peel. I'll make mince pies this afternoon before we all settle down for dinner and Christmas films before bedtime.

Have a very happy & peaceful Christmas everyone.

Yesterday the dog (weimaraner) got a whole Pandoro cake :(

Today I found her head in the pan of Vichysoisse soup that I'd made for my Aunt's party tonight. :wall:

All I want for Christmas is a baby gate for the kitchen :roll:

Oh my that did make me laugh, sorry :lol:

I've spent the day making a trifle and then a raspberry roulade. I don't think I will attempt a roulade again as I made the meringue up twice and both times it looked great when it went into the oven but it didn't go brown and it wouldn't roll up either and I need to read up on how to make meringues before I try doing that again! OH has cooked a joint of beef for tomorrow as we don't have enough oven space to cook the turkey and beef tomorrow. At times like this I wish I had a huge cooker as it's a joke trying to get so many things cooked for just one day :wall:

A very strange day :shock: We went to my parents house for lunch & tea, as it's Christmas it'd usually be a roast followed by a buffet later on. My brother, who still lives at home, is as miserable as sin after splitting up with his fiancee a couple of months ago, my parents tip toe around him and because he didn't feel like celebrating Christmas they've decided to not make much of an effort either. They've got no decorations or cards up, we had curry and then a sandwich for tea :roll: It wasn't Christmassy at all. And my ignorant brother didn't bother coming out from his bedroom. He's almost 30 :roll: I was glad to come home to my seven foot real tree, decorations and twinkly lights everywhere :lol:

3/4 children now in bed. Waiting a good few hours before getting all of their presents out from hiding :dance:

Happiness complete now, ES phoned from Austria where he has winter job as snowboarding instructor. He was in a bar with new mates and it was snowing outside, he sounded very happy. I was worried for him after he'd let out post Afghanistan memories, so pleased to hear from him. I feel I can completely relax now.

MERRY CHRISTMAS LOVELY OMLET FRIENDS. X

I had a scary asthma attack earlier after using a new shampoo; all is ok now but I was more worried about dying in the shower with no clothes on :shock:

Felt tired & wobbly all evening but have just watched some feel-good tv & have to wait a bit until the stockings get filled :whistle:

Am trying to get the 18 year old to bed early so that he doesn't miss Santa :lol:

May I just say Merry Christmas to you all wonderful Omleteers, 2011 has been a bit of a shocker but I hope 2012 is better for all of us. :P

Had a fabulous Xmas Eve. Started early morning with a prezzie left in our doorstep from Sid, the old fella who lives in a shed in a copse of trees on our land ( he's nearly 80 though, so we turn a blind eye).

Then my sister, brother in law & little nephew turned up as a surprise visit for the day! :dance: Had a lovely time playing & chatting. Had to laugh as my sister is due to have her C section on 10th January for my baby niece. She had forward planned & brought her hospital notes bless her, just in case she started! :shock: It's a two and a half hour drive to my house for them. We had a huge hug when she left, but her bump got in the way! Sweeeet!

Then this evening, we have been down the pub where they have had their huge Xmas Raffle. Not sure if won anything as couldn't hear. Will check on the board in the week. Some fab prizes. Back home with Michael Buble on Smart TV, drinking Port & eating posh chocs. Hubby is busy wrapping!

On a negative note though, we had Sandy our gold silkie go missing in broad daylight today. Didn't watch them for about an hour. :doh: We found feathers in the very far field. :cry:

On the way back from the pub, I saw a fox run across the track & up the fields towards the mountains. :evil: Will inform neighbour in morning, as he has a gun & chickens too. Hubby has piddled all around his chook house just!

Need Alpaca & quick! The thing is - we like our chooks to free range as much as poss & can't watch them permanently. Guess it is just one of the things of Smallholding & chicken keeping.

Emma.x

Snowberry, what a fright you must have got, glad you're feeling better now :D Have had a lovely day cooking, Christingle service, catching up with folks I haven't seen. Now the l-o-n-g wait before the teenagers come in/go to sleep & Santa can fill their stockings. :D

" Happy Christmas" from everyone in Sparky's house. Have a good one :!: Alli x

Merry Christmas Everyone

Middle Son woke us up at 5.45am, we'd had baby in with us most of the night, so I'm about ready to go back to bed already :lol:

The boys have opened the few presents in their stockings, we're going to church for 10, then they get the rest of their pressies when we get back.

Hope everybody has a lovely day

I have had a truly lovely day - my friends came over this morning, and helped me finish cooking dinner, and then my three elderly guests arrived with the kind help of some other friends who gave up part of their Christmas day to collect them. Considering it was the first time I've cooked Christmas dinner for over twenty years, it turned out very well! We all had a lovely time, and then the guests went home with enough leftovers for another dinner, and my friends and I settled down to swap presents, play cards and eat chocolate. Now I'm off to bed with my lovely fleecy pyjamas and a hot cat, to read one of my new books before I fall asleep!

I hope you have all had a day as good as mine.

Lovely day yesterday, the food was superb. I cooked it so I feel I can say that. Relaxed, played board games and made merry. We didn't do much in the way of presents and didn't really miss them to be honest. The day has evolved into just relaxing together. OH fixed a tap because he likes to earn his beer, I was deeply ensconced in new book about Georgian crime & punishments. Not very festive but very interesting. Boxing Day is my day to put my feet up, we just graze for a couple of days now. OH started work at 5.30 so definitely earning his beer today. Hope you all had good days too.

Happy Boxing Day! Had a lovely day yesterday. I staggered the dinner so starters, main and pudding all about an hour apart - worked really well especially for the children as they didn't have to sit still for long periods of time, very hard when you're three and have new bits for your train set to play with!

Unfortunately daughter (nearly 1) decided that she didn't want to sleep between 12 and 4 this morning and son got up at 6am so I'm very bleary eyed today . She's upstairs having a nap, no such luck for me! :roll:

Off for a walk soon, blow the cobwebs away :)