Cinnamon

The Christmas Thread

went christmas shopping today, went to local wine merchant and tasted some of their wares :D also local brewery and tried their newest beer. A bit more shopping then a bite to eat, bit more shopping then home! cheese and wine for tea 8)

Tomorrow AM i am going to clean out the girls and then spend the rest of the day making and baking and wrapping. Hopefully getting all festive 8)

Had a Very Merry Christmas Party at my Ma & Pa's today. Caught up with brothers & sisters, we're all very independent of each other but kind of close. Dad had put on amazing spread, the table was groaning, my favorites were the cinnamon palmiers he made. He said the last time he'd made them was when he was a baker which would have been roughly 47 yrs ago when I was five. He hasn't lost his touch. He's very excited because he's bought my mum a kindle. Today was so good it should have been Christmas Day.

I'm all wrapped apart from 2 presents I need to pick up from M&S on Monday :) I'm making star shaped versions of these and icing peoples' names on them as gift tags, and I've got to ice the christmas cake tomorrow or Monday!

They are so pretty, take it you've not got dogs :D

No, just a cat, but he only licks things that taste like wotsits :lol:

We bought and decorated our Christmas tree today, so I'm starting to feel a bit more Christmassy now. The Christmas cards have been written and posted and there's just the last couple of presents to buy, so we're nearly there :dance: I'm finishing work on Thursday, so I can chill out on Friday and finish off all the last minute bits that need to be done (like eating mince pies and drinking mulled wine :lol: ).

Ive made a batch of fudge today, i am hoping my cellophane bags will arrive tomorrow. I hope the fudge turns out ok, i havent made it before.

I said to OH as people are getting harder to buy for, i think i will spend next year perfecting some recipes and make homemade goodies of various sorts as i can be doing with the trauma of buying gifts! :oops:

tomorrow i am off work so i will be making stollen, more fudge, gingerbread men and vasious bits also squeeze in a bit of wrapping! 8)

Had a Very Merry Christmas Party at my Ma & Pa's today. Caught up with brothers & sisters, we're all very independent of each other but kind of close. Dad had put on amazing spread, the table was groaning, my favorites were the cinnamon palmiers he made. He said the last time he'd made them was when he was a baker which would have been roughly 47 yrs ago when I was five. He hasn't lost his touch. He's very excited because he's bought my mum a kindle. Today was so good it should have been Christmas Day.

Love this!

I also had a festive time this weekend. A friends party on Saturday and lunch with the in laws today. Good times x

Well we have a tree...........not the dodgy artificial black one for a change. I had tasked Mr W and LMW with the task at the weekend. They failed........so LMW and I went to our local farm this morning and got a nice real one. Its about the same height as LMW so no problems getting the star on top :lol: . I'd forgotten what a nightmare it was jamming one into a pot of compost though.

Just got to wait for Mr W to return from work to get the decs out of the attic.

Ive got the day off work and have decided i am going to do christmassy things. Today is my day, OH is at work so I am still in my PJs, had a lie in and have made a batch of baileys fudge. Just need my cellophane bags to arrive. I am going to start wrapping presents up soon. May even get the christmas music on :dance: