Cinnamon

The Christmas Thread

I absolutely love that song that is on the radio by 'The Military Wives' - it actually made me cry this morning. I think it was because the sound reminded me of Austrian choirs. It's beautiful!

Emma.x

I'd heard people on the radio talking about the song but I hadn't heard the song until it was played on Graham Norton's show on Radio 2 yesterday - it made me cry too. Beautiful song. I'm going to download it today. :D

I haven't heard that song yet but have heard great reviews too. Not feeling very Christmassy at moment.

Tested new tree yesterday and put decorations on, parlty cos it was up and too much to take it all down, put it in loft for a week. Usually decorate this with 15 year old YD, who sometimes she says yes to me to be polite and explains how awful it is having to do whatever to her dad. So,Friday night the response was too busy to do tree with me yesterday but could do it on Sunday afternoon, after homework, kind of?

So I decorated tree yesterday, thinking that actually, she wouldn't then have to be polite about doing it with Mother and I would not get it wrong (again).

She came home and got very upset I had done it without her. I offered to take it all off and we could do it again together, and I apologised for getting it wrong (again) but no, not the same, thank you.

Have taken everything off anyway this morning. Beginning to hate blooming tree ... should have written this on the Bah Humbug thread.

Mrs Potts.

Wrote my Xmas cards today (Merry Xmas Omleteers)

Have also finally got my Delia Smith Xmas cake in the oven. Due out at 8.30pm - a late tea for us! :lol:

I made a felted rose today, but I like it sooo much I'm keeping this one & making a new one for my mum.

Mulled wine coming out in a min as we have just lit the fire. Is this becoming a habit? :whistle:

Emma.x

If it is,it sounds like a good habit to me :P

We are in the middle of redecorating - the house is just all over the place & so dusty from wall chopping out....

Its driving me a bit mad,to be honest.

I am desperate to get it finished & start getting the house looking like my home again!

Anyhow,I dug out my battery operated fairy lights today & have plans of where to string them,once all the plastering & painting is done 8):lol:

My dining room looks like the set of Dexter today - swathed in clear plastic,awaiting the plasterer.

The deep clean oven man is here at the moment & insisting on keeping the back doors WIDE open,so I am snugged up in my office with 2 extra cardis on :roll:

He keeps muttering under his breath about the state of the oven too.

Honestly,if it was clean,I wouldn't be paying for it to be done,would I?????

Roll on next week when hopefully all this is done & I can get the decorations down from the loft :lol:

Hubby and I had planned to get the Christmas lights up outside this weekend. Sadly other events took over and we are still without sparkle outside :( It will now have to wait until next weekend as it will be too dark by the time hubby gets home from work (and I'm not going to teeter about on a ladder by myself!).

On the plus side, I have now got the majority of Christmas pressies sorted, so there's now very little to do until the big day except stuff myself with mince pies and drink mulled wine :lol:

Managed to get three pressies yesterday (kits from Hobbycraft for the Nieces and Nephew) so that's a major hurdle jumped. Planning on doing photo canvasses for the parents but just waiting to get the pics through!

Need to start making the petit fours soon as that's the plan for all the adult friends this year - and start writing some cards at some point too!

Still not sure what to do about decorations as the living room is going to be very cluttered. Will get the decs down next weekend and have a think - I want a tree but it'll have to be a lot smaller than last year's.

Another one with tree issues here :roll: We got the slim tree which we bought last year, down from the loft yesterday morning, the children put it together, OH and I moved the sofas around a couple of times then we settled on where it was last year, then OH decided it looked too small. He was the one who insisted on a slim one last year. After much discussion it is sitting in the lounge undecorated and this took most of yesterday and by the end of it I was in a really bad mood. :(

I think that we are going to end up with our original larger artificial tree but it may be next weekend before this happens, the undecorated tree looks really sad in the lounge and I have boxes of decorations everwhere. I like the simple life :?

On the plus side we bought loads of goodies from Lidl on Saturday for family hampers and for ourselves, and the shopping is nearly done.

We got the tree up yesterday, usually OH helps sort out the branches (artifical tree) and puts the lights on. Whilst we were getting the never ending collection of boxes with decorations down from the loft he discovered an electrical lead. With that he went off and decided that then was the time to try to sort out the computer link to the television in the dining room :shock: he was due at a meeting in an hour, we had both our mums over for Sunday dinner but obviously then was the time to do the television :x

My DD helped me with the tree in the end and it looks very pretty. We have a few other bits and bobs out although not as much as usual because of the kitties. I cannot believe that they've not attempted to get any of the baubles on the tree. I think Lottie will be a bit miffed when the presents go under the tree as that is where she has decided she likes to sleep.

ES bought himself a rechargeable drill and screwdriver on Friday and then said that if we'd like to reimburse him he would have it as a Christmas present so that's another bit done :dance: To finish his list off I think he was after a socket set :roll: bless him.

im carrying on tomorrow. I had it in my head i would do all these things including decorations, present wrapping. card writing.... its just not happened :oops:

we bought a new tree stand and its really good, it was effortless (argumentless) and its straight :clap:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Krinner-Vario-Christmas-Tree-Stand/dp/B002YADPS8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323114807&sr=8-1

im carrying on tomorrow. I had it in my head i would do all these things including decorations, present wrapping. card writing.... its just not happened :oops:

we bought a new tree stand and its really good, it was effortless (argumentless) and its straight :clap:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Krinner-Vario-Christmas-Tree-Stand/dp/B002YADPS8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323114807&sr=8-1

That's the one I've got :D After making do with buckets of sand for many years, I invested in that a few years ago. It makes having a real tree so much easier.

Our tree now has lights, a dusting of tinsel and is waiting for the children to do baulbles tomorrow evening. :dance:

We also have lights and tinsel in other areas and after spending ages checking bulbs we have our Habitat shadow lights working again, we couldn't get them going last year, we have had them for about 15 years they are large fairy light bulbs with cardbaord hexagon shaped boxes around them which have snowflakes cut out of them and they cast snowflake shadows on the wall :D