Cinnamon

The Christmas Thread

I posted this on the fudge thread but i had a go at making fudge for the first time. First attempt went wrong and wouldnt set (didnt boil it long enough) second attempt much better! So i have put the first attempt in jars as pouring sauce and will make an excellent gift.

White chocolate and baileys fudge / pouring sauce

406872_10150428786302914_504287913_8605832_1439183342_n.jpg

I posted this on the fudge thread but i had a go at making fudge for the first time. First attempt went wrong and wouldnt set (didnt boil it long enough) second attempt much better! So i have put the first attempt in jars as pouring sauce and will make an excellent gift.

Wish I could put my hand in the screen and take one 8)8) looks so good.

Oooo I'm gunna make some of that tomorrow! Was it the link Cinnamon posted? Hope it tastes good (it looks good! ;)) :D

Just about there with all the Christmas preparations. Need to wrap DD's gifts. Only need to buy fresh veg and cream and that is all the food shopping done.

I was making snowflakes on this site last night, snowdays.popularfront.com ,I found a snowflake I made in 2009 8)

Sammiboo that fudge looks lovely. I have got an urge to make fudge now.

I iced my christmas cake this evening. My first attempt and it didn't go as well as I'd have liked. I need bigger kitchen surfaces, or to bake a smaller cake next time, as it got a bit cackhanded when it came to rolling out the icing and plopping it on the cake :(

401572_10150435928741918_678236917_8580889_64967146_n.jpg

That looks very nice. I made the Delia one and I'm a bit cross as last year you could download the star shapes for the top, but this year you are expected to buy snowflake cutters. Now I am fine with that, but after going to JL, Lakelands & Waitrose and not being able to find any I am going to have to make star ones, which isn't what I wanted to do :?

Thanks peeps :) I'm a bit hard on myself, too much of a perfectionist, the icing cracked so I had to use stars to cover up the worst creases on the edging, and tie the bow to hide the messy bottom... My mum said 'it's your first attempt so 10/10', and I guess I should take that attitude. I would have done something different for the top, had the icing not cracked, but I had to quickly disguise the blemishes or I'd have been cross at myself :lol:

Thanks peeps :) I'm a bit hard on myself, too much of a perfectionist, the icing cracked so I had to use stars to cover up the worst creases on the edging, and tie the bow to hide the messy bottom... My mum said 'it's your first attempt so 10/10', and I guess I should take that attitude. I would have done something different for the top, had the icing not cracked, but I had to quickly disguise the blemishes or I'd have been cross at myself :lol:

I don't ever expect mine to look like a shop bought cake, but I think that's the beauty of making your own. We know exactly what is in the cake and there's that satisfaction of taking that first bite and knowing it tastes soooo much nicer than some expensive shop cake too. I will post a pic of mine later on when I manage to get the stars on the top :lol: