Cinnamon

The Christmas Thread

I watched Disney's Christmas Carol last night ... the computery Jim Carey one. It was fab.

Its great isn't it? We saw it at the cinema when it first came out. I've just got the dvd - trouble is I keep expecting them to start singing like in The Muppets Christmas Carol :lol:

I love Christmas movies and have lots of dvds that will be getting used in the next month.

Well blow me down. I've just popped into Tregaron & there was an elephant in the street! :shock: Now I know they are crazy around here but this made me look twice. It wasn't real - phew, but very very good. I have taken a photo - so will pop it on here later. Apparently it is for some sort of Xmas panto tonight! Some art student has made it! :clap:

Have seen a few people dragging Xmas trees around. :D

Emma.x

Just one more thing to get hubby & I'm done. Got it all sorted today :D What a relief! A lot of prezzies don't look much, but I know they were & know the recipients will love them! I didn't have time to do any shopping for me ( got given some money), so I'll have a little indulgence day next week some time. :D

I didn't get in until 7pm. Walked up to front door to find a huge pile up logs stacked & a big Xmas tree propped up against the house. Hubby had been to The Forestry Bloke (Adam) to get a trailer of logs & our tree. Guess the house will get transformed in a grotto tomorrow! :dance:

Emma.x

Grotto is the perfect word Emma :D:D

Ordered my mini tree from the local tree man on Saturday. Need to call to arrange a time to pick it up :D

I think all the pressies are bought now. Just a couple to be delivered from Amazon and then I am done :D The wrapping will commence next week when I get 2 minutes :D

Outside lights going up next week - possibly Monday/Tuesday I think. I have only been in this house since 28th October, so not sure what the neighbours will think of my lights :roll::lol::lol: Just simple bulbs, not coloured, so shouldn't cause too much offence.......

"its beginning to look a lot like Christmas....." All together now -

I had a real tree once but one of my cats kept weeing in the pot :roll: We did get another real tree after said cat had gone to kitty heaven and I was sooooo disappointed when I realised that it didn't have a lovely smell to it. Its quite hard when you're in amongst all the lovely trees to distinguish amongst them all. We're not Christmas tree experts so didn't know which to pick. We've been artificial since then.

Nearly there with the presents, tree will go up on Sunday before The Mothers come over for dinner, as we're away on a paddling trip to Wales next weekend when we would have usually put the decorations up.

Our tree is propped up against the house - ready to be brought inside any minute. Fire is lit & we have just had a glass of mulled wine. I've got to put strings on the Xmas decs, as a lot of them didn't come with any hanging threads! :evil: I don't know what we are going to put on top of the tree this year. I might have to rustle up a toilet roll fairy for the time being! :lol:

Outside lights will be put up tomorrow. They are l.e.d multi coloured & have several different colour ways & patterns. Should entertain the villagers! Mwah ha ha ha!

Today we went a Winter Fayre in Tregaron. It was really nice. Bowls of Cawl, mince pies, cheeses, chocolates, felted goods, patwork, jewellery, toys, cards, decorations etc etc! Later tonight is a Welsh male voice choir & the turning on of the lights. But we got chilled to the bone, so have come home & cosied up!

Tomorrow is another Winter Fayre, just 2 miles down the road - so will attend that too. I'm hoping the pickles & chutneys lady is there - as her stuff is to die for & cheap too! Plus I want some nice cards for family. I love these fayres, they always have some great gift & craft ideas.

Feeling quite Christmassy today! Bring it on! Yes, grotto is a beautiful word!

We've been singing Deck the halls out of tune on purpose! :lol:

Emma.x

Put the decorations up today. I love to look at them and remember when and where I got them. Being a hoarder I still have some from my childhood. I think our fairy/angel was free with washing powder, she is very old, over 40 anyway but really lovely. I too had Michael Buble playing :D OH still to do the outside lights but the way the weather is just now he would be blown off the ladder :shock:

No Deccys here until 12 days before..................although if truth be known I have bought the most gorgeous fat,soft antique gold tinsel & am desperate to pit it up on my bannister,so probably won't hold out until then :roll::lol:

Do you have that flattering christmas apron at work yet? ;)

I watched Disney's Christmas Carol last night ... the computery Jim Carey one. It was fab.

Its great isn't it? We saw it at the cinema when it first came out. I've just got the dvd - trouble is I keep expecting them to start singing like in The Muppets Christmas Carol :lol:

I love Christmas movies and have lots of dvds that will be getting used in the next month.

My OH looked at Sky Anytime for the first time ever when we got in from work tonight and found this film, we then watched it straight away, so didn't have tea until 9.15pm :shock: It was amazing, pretty scary though for a PG, very true to the book though. I have been feeling all festive since yesterday, now it is December bring it on :D

No Deccys here until 12 days before..................although if truth be known I have bought the most gorgeous fat,soft antique gold tinsel & am desperate to pit it up on my bannister,so probably won't hold out until then :roll::lol:

Do you have that flattering christmas apron at work yet? ;)

Not yet - Christmas week,usually.

I just sold last years ones for a tidy sum on eBay! :lol::lol::lol:

"Are any of you allergic to real trees? I am! Enforced synthetics for me"

Snowberry, OH is allergic to real trees.

For 20 years we have had the same artificial tree but this year, have gone up to the attic to find that it smells of mice wee! Plainly not suitable for this year, so we have invested in a new one, from Webbs of Wychbold, which we went to have a look at Weds evenging first and then bought online (discount!). It arrived yestrerday so we are going to put it up today - had to road test the branches, took ages, so might as well decorate it now.

Always had to stand the other one on a box, as it was only five foot. Had interesting conversation with OH last night, who thought we were going to put this one on a box. It is seven foot tall!

Going to bake a Christmas cake now.

Mrs Potts

Well I went Christmas shopping with a grumpy OH - big mistake - staggered in last night trying to sneak upstairs with a bag before kids saw it and the cat decided he would walk in front of me - nealy fell over him stupid mog :evil: Managed to side step him. Joys of Christmas - also I have noticed hundreds of people with decorations up in November - what is wrong with these people or is it me?

I love the smell when I get the tree in

Me too.

We always used to have a real 8-9ft tree until we had new flooring put in last year and found where all the needles had been going! I didn't want to be without any tree so bought an artificial one in the sales. I am not keen but with all the decs on it, it is ok. I also rescued a tiny one in a pot from one of the garden centres. It cost £3 and last year looked really pretty with a line of 20 fairy lights. After a year outside, it has really grown and this year it will be on a table in the conservatory with extra lights and decs :D. It is currently waiting by the back door and I always tell it how well it is doing and how big and strong it is getting! I am sure that is making it grow :lol:

I have most pressies but have no idea what to buy OH. He is into cycling but I bought him new cycling clothes for his birthday. He doesn't read, is not that into music. He always returns any clothes I buy him (with the exception of the cycling stuff) and says he doesn't need anything except socks!

Any ideas?

Tree was brought in from outside & decorated etc last night. Today the outside lights have been put up too. I went another Xmas fayre at a little hall. Just bought some jam & a cheesecake. Was very nice though.

I absolutely love that song that is on the radio by 'The Military Wives' - it actually made me cry this morning. I think it was because the sound reminded me of Austrian choirs. It's beautiful!

Emma.x