Cinnamon

The Christmas Thread

I've started my Christmas shopping! I saw a gorgeous pair of boots in the Debenham's sale, 25% off and with a gift card that I had been carrying around in my purse for yonks, they were a real bargain. Not often I get one of those. I shall wrap them up and give them to Him Indoors to give to me. I'll enjoy the surprise. As always.

I love a bargain :D

I did an Amazon order last night and am going to bake the Christmas cake this morning - my first one! (is usually Mum's department). 3 and a half hours to bake?!

Bought OH's pressie already, he chose some golf clothing :roll:

YSD wants clothes and to go shopping with us to choose them herself :D

Mumsie wants some money towards a new golf trolley and a new handbag (definitely my department) :D

I have also ordered a Freemans catalogue, nothing to do with Crimbo - I need a new bikini for hols in Jan :lol::D

I bought a bottle stopper with a really cute ceramic robin on top. I doctor the crackers, or make little bags of gifts for Christmas dinner so it'll go in there for YS girlfriend.

Any ideas what I can put in the mens? I'm running out of ideas. I always put sweets and mini sparklers and things in there and corny jokes I get off this forum :lol:

Im really struggling this year on what to buy people and what I want. Im getting into homecooking/baking quite a bit and there are quite a few things i would like but our little 3 bedroom house has no storage really so i dont like getting too much as i dont have anywhere to put it.

OH and i will probably have a £50 limit or something to spend on eachother

I've got a few stocking fillers, nothing major yet. Buying for my mum is always a problem. I can't buy her clothes for a fair few reasons. I dread finding something 'different' for her, as can't think this year. Dad id difficult too - he normally ends up with sports clothing. :roll:

Sister loves same things as me - kitsch, vintage look stuff, chickens & cookware!

Brother in law -into shoots on his land - so maybe something camo?

Hubby is easy :D

Nephew will be 2 and a half - some nice toys & something creative.

Will probably get our nice new neighbours something too.

Friends will all get something I've made.

Emma.x

Folksy, Amazon, eBay and Abe Books have all delivered presents today, I am ecstatic with the things I've got (and driving my colleagues mad with exclamations of delight!).

Ticked them off on my Christmas spreadsheet, I have never been this organised for Christmas and I can tell you I am loving it - usually December is so stressful I can't wait for it all to be over. Forecast is wet and windy so a weekend of sewing/making cakes lies ahead.

Got the majority today, 3 for 2 in Boots is so good & I'll treat myself in Jan with the points :D Did really well, had vague ideas, but once shopping everything just fell into place. Got Hubby the new Sony e-reader with case & light, so much for the £50.00 budget I set for him :roll: Now just to write the cards & have my pressie wrapping evening with a bottle of wine & Christmas tunes on the i-pod heaven :dance:

I've been taking full advantage of the 3for2 offer in Boots too :lol: Usually when the girls get invited to birthday parties I put a £5 limit on the cost of the present unless it's a really good friend. They've been to quite a few parties recently and the present has always been the one I got free so therefore the quality of presents has raised considerably :lol:

Started on the cards yesterday. However present buying not going so well. I went with ES and got him a suit (which is something he really needed) and DD is going to give me a wish list, so far there is only one small thing on it :( . YS always changes his mind right up until the last minute. I cannot count the number of times when he was younger that I had to go to swap items to get what he really wanted :x I have managed to get a small snooker table for him as a friend was selling her sons. It has folding legs so we can store it and she is going to keep it until Christmas for us :D OH and MIL still no ideas :(

Plum, I saw my first tree this week too, in a local hotel. So early :shock:

I have bought my first Christmas present :dance:

It's a pretty new collar for the dog :lol:

I suppose I ought to get on and start buying presents for the family. Hubby and I have seven nephews and we both hate the Toys R Us ordeal,so the sooner we can get that out of the way, the better.

Hubby is a nightmare to buy for, he has so much stuff already and can never think of anything he wants. This year, if he can't think of anything, he may well just get a tangerine and a lump of coal - it would make life a lot easier for me!

Went into Sainsbury's today for the first time in about a year. Lovely decorations, including Giant baubles 2 for £2.99

Naturally, I have to buy 4 :roll:

Also picked up a couple of bits for my Niece's birthday (29th December - double :roll: ) and a few Christmas bits. Cards are on 3 for 2 so 6 packs bought and hidden in my work bag in case I get bored on a trip. :whistle:

The Christmas lights are being turned on in Cardiff this Thursday & all the Christmas market stalls will be open. Hubby is taking me to town on the 1st December for Christmas shopping & birthday treat (my bday's on the 4th). I have all the boys main pressies bought & my nephews, just looking out for little stocking fillers. Will have a nosey around the market stalls for my parents & grandparents & Auntys pressies. :D

My original due date is the 28th - scan changed it to the 26th but I don't believe that!

Still hoping it might come a bit early!

I'm using my maternity leave to make petit fours as presents this year, like my mum used to. Got cherries soaking in port to be turned into little Christmas puddings (wrapped in marzipan and then dipped in chocolate). Should have put them in to soak months ago though - not sure how strong they'll be.

I'm a 28th December baby.......blame the parents for all the awkward birthdays.....I do!! I have a good moan at my Mum and Dad every year! :lol:

I've finished my Christmas shopping, such as it is, apart from a couple of things still to make and hampers to pack nearer the time. I have 3 January birthdays to sort out now.....one of them with a '0' on the end so something a bit special this time.