Cinnamon

The Christmas Thread

Stir up Sunday is the day we make the Christmas Pudding (or mix it, to stand and then cook the following day). It is usually the last Sunday before advent starts.

It's called Stir Up Sunday because the Collect for the day (in the Church of England) begins 'Stir up, we beseech thee, O Lord ...'

Stir up Sunday is the day we make the Christmas Pudding (or mix it, to stand and then cook the following day). It is usually the last Sunday before advent starts.

It's called Stir Up Sunday because the Collect for the day (in the Church of England) begins 'Stir up, we beseech thee, O Lord ...'

And then you go home and stir up the pudding. Everyone has a stir, my parents drop by to join in, and then the house smells lovely while it steams all day :D

And then you go home and stir up the pudding. Everyone has a stir, my parents drop by to join in, and then the house smells lovely while it steams all day :D

I've been known to phone missing members of the family to get them to imagine stirring the mix and send their wishes down the line while I stir for them :lol:

Loving this thread :clap:

This post has really cheered me up. Been feeling down after having a bout of shingles - now I have something to look forward to. CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!!!!! I love the preparations and secret planning of pressies. We have a £5 rule in our family as there are quite a lot of us. Great fun trying to search out a relevant bargain or making it yourself pressie. Think I will go to the craft shop tomorrow and be inspired!!!!

Thankyou omleteers :dance::dance::dance:

OK, B'day over, :angel: What was that about Christmas ?? :shh::shh: I have got three of my grandchildren sorted, main pressi only .Three to go and six stockings and two adult goody bags.

What about OH :think: well i have just got a new Oak bed and memory/pocket sprung mattress Isn't that enough ? :whistle: And i'm treating him to Lunch out this year to save the dishwasher and him having to actually do the washing up. :clap: Don't want to spoil him now do we. :liar:

Hello everyone,

I havent been on the forum for a while but am glad to see I am not the only one starting prep for Christmas :D

In fact most of you are way ahead of me.

As DH is scheduled to be home for Christmas this year I am getting very excited about it.

My only problem is deciding what to cook on Christmas day. We are vegetarian and I don't want to cook a nutloaf so am wondering if any of the other Veggies out there can help me with any ideas?

My veggie daughter always has the McSween veggie Haggis.....it is gorgeous.

Thanks for the suggestion, hadn't considered Veggie Haggis for Christmas :D

I'm getting very excited about Christmas now, the post office still didn't have last post days for Christmas yesterday but I was told that the last post to Australia and similar would probably be end of October.