Cinnamon

The Christmas Thread

I am not very organised this year, usually I have all my presents bought by now, but not this year.

I did go out and buy some cards and ordered some stuff from Bhs yesterday as they have free delivery plus 20% all weekend, so that has saved carrying heavy stuff home.

Bought a couple of the smaller Heston puddings as the large ones takes about 3hrs to steam and it was just ridiculous trying to do that last year.

Have bought the Delia Christmas Cake kit and have spent most of the morning lining the tin and now need to actually make the cake.

For the last 11yrs or so we have had my sister and her family over on Boxing Day, but this year we have managed to sort of fall out so won't be seeing them, which could be why I can't get in the mood this year.

Have bought the Delia Christmas Cake kit and have spent most of the morning lining the tin and now need to actually make the cake.

Lakeland paper cake tin liners are worth their weight in gold this time of year 8)

I do use the Lakeland parchment that comes in a roll, but hadn't even thought about their cake tin liners. I have finally finished mixing the cake, although I didn't follow the instructions in the box as it's an all in one method and I prefer to mix it the 'old fashioned' way. Now just have to wait to see how it turns out :lol:

My Delia cake is made, I've got 6 presents for nieces and nephews so far and a few ideas for presents for my kids. I've bought my Christmas cards.

I've also just bought 3 Santa hats as the canoe club we belong to helps the local Rotary Club with their Father Christmas sleigh charity collection (basically a pretend sleigh going around the streets collecting money). Just found out one of the 2 days we helping out on is in fact YS's 14th birthday. I thought he would be upset but he's up for going round and helping as some of the boys from the youth team will also be helping. I thought that was really nice of him. :D I'm quite looking forward to it.

I've bought some new decorations for the tree that are shatterproof - I think my glass decorations will have to wait until the kittens are grown up. :lol:

I've bought some new decorations for the tree that are shatterproof

Me too! Bought them in Sainsbury's. 2 for £2.99 but they are lovely. Didn't realise they were shatter proof until I dropped them on my newly tiled kitchen floor and they bounced! :roll::lol:

Cards bought, just need to write them. Doing 4 Christmas fairs this year, so once those are done I can concentrate on my own shopping 8)

I'm feel very smug :lol: I've almost finished my Christmas shopping and it's all been wrapped up too :dance: All I need are a couple of bits for my youngest, stocking filler tat and some photo frames. Our girls had a group photo session on Saturday so once I know which photos we're buying and in what size I can buy the frames I'll need for the Grandparents presents. My aim is to have it all done by December 1st so I can spend the rest of December decorating our tree on a daily basis as we have two kittens :lol:

Snowberry - what a gorgeous photo :D

I said to the family that I've got a cheaper set of baubles to go on the tree and that I wasn't going to be putting as much stuff out on the windowsills (kittens favourite resting place) and my DD said 'oh might as well forget about Chirstmas then!' Not prone to exaggeration my DD :roll::lol:

With two cats and two lurchers in the house, I never put any decorations on the bottom-most branches of my tree.

I have just bought some replacement tree lights after my beloved incandescent ones finally gave up the ghost last year. I had been holding out as I hate the blue-white glare of the earlier LED lights, but I have a lovely new set of 'warm white' LED ones, in a super storage container, from Homebase 8)

I usually order some food from M&S but the prices seem so high this year :( I noticed that Morrisons are taking orders for turkey crowns etc to be picked up on Christmas Eve. Has anyone else got their turkey from Morrisons and if so were they pleased with it :?: I do not like to freeze the turkey as I am a bit obsessional about making sure its defrosted so it adds to the the stress :roll:

We realised last night that ES hasn't had a proper Christmas meal since 2008. He's leaving again on the 14th December so I'm going to make an extra Christmas meal especially for him. I'm not having a pretend Christmas day, but we'll have the meal with crackers and games. He's very pleased, I feel sad that I hadn't realised how much he missed it. He keeps things close.