Cinnamon

The Christmas Thread

Handmade bears are lovely I have bought a couple at craft fairs but they state that they are not suitable for children due to the filling I think. You might want to check this before ordering anything otherwise you may end up with something she can only look at :?

I have bought gifts for my very young nieces and nephews from here http://www.beargarden.co.uk/. Some of their full price stock can be a bit expensive but they offer a very good service.

Thanks again - another lovely website full of wonderful looking bears.... This is going to be harder than I thought to choose just one!

Went Christmas shopping with my Dad this morning for my Mum's stocking... I'm supposed to be baking all my presents so I'd better start sometime....

We have mangaed to buy all Birthday presents for before Christmas but ! cousion on Boxind day and I'm on New Years...

Katy

Bought bunk beds today and have put them together so the grandchildren have somewhere to sleep at Christmas, youngest one (2) has started to sleep walk and in her sleep climbs out of her cot, so decided it is safer to put her in a bed. Had hoped to use the cot for one more year and then sort out sleepiong arrangements next year :lol::lol:

Chrissie

Me & Hubby have made Delia's classic Christmas cake today (stir up Sunday) thanks to Waitrose. The smell from the oven is heavenly.. feed with brandy & ice on Christmas Eve. All presents apart from Hubby & best friend done ( I need to make sure she doesn't have the trollbead on her bracelet :roll: ) Cards written & stamped ready for posting!! Think I am way ahead this year :clap:

Heck - Xmas cards & paper all ready - just need writing, few stocking fillers. Turkey crown & a cooked ham ordered. Xmas tree ordered - will be coming very soon ( for the whole of December) 8), Got my lights for outside ready. Already started on several botttles of Gluhwein. :oops: Was supposed to be making Delia's Xmas cake today, but ended up making Bara Brith instead. Uh oh. :doh: Still the kitchen smells Christmassy with the Cinnamon.

I'd not thought to look at Pastimes - love that place! Will look online as I want a Victorian Cats garland if poss. Will also look at those handmade bears - as want a prezzie to welcome baby niece into the world. Will be making an appearance some time in New year! When my nephew was born I bought a Cornish Pixie Doll to mark his birth!

I loooooooove Xmas

I started wrapping tonight! My sisters are coming to stay next weekend, and I need to have their presents wrapped up (a) to prevent peeking by Sister #2 who is an incorrigible nosey-parker, and (b) so that Sister #1, who I won't be seeing at Christmas, can take hers with her.

I also printed off my Christmas card labels on Thursday night, and I am now writing five cards a night, so that it doesn't seem too daunting. I am absolutely determined that this year December will be a stress-free zone.

A month till Christmas :shock: ahhhhhhh!

& still no idea of what to get people! hopefully parents will give me an idea of what they want because I really have no idea!

Have you tried Groupon? - although they are well known for having a lot of beauty salon type offers they also have a lot of offers for 'meal for two' at local pubs/restaurants. I bought tickets for The Armories (Nr, Stratford) with afternoon tea at £9 for 2 people.

Quite handy for people who don't need 'things'

Had a look round local garden centre yesterday (Wyevale), they had some beautiful trees, bit expensive though. Think we got ours from B&Q last year, have to keep a look out for a bargain. There is an Edinburgh Woolen Mill franchise shop ins tore and they were advertising for Christmas staff! so I have applied and go for an interview tomorrow !! yeah!