patsylabrador

AAAGH! Leggings are still here but worse

This thread has really cracked me up. :lol::lol: I've been reading it while OH watches 'Grand Designs' .

Last year I bought a pair of leggings as my sister pointed out to me that fashionable people no longer wear jeans and look much nicer and I tend to agree that leggings with little dress things look very pretty, but somehow my leggings have remained in my bottom drawer and I'm still in jeans.

A friend & I had the exact same conversation the other day about some of the sights we've seen at the school :shock: It always seems to be larger ladies who wear them with short tops & you can see what colour knickers they're wearing.

I do have a pair of leggings, but as others have said, I only wear them with long tops/dresses & knee high boots

I was having a similar conversation with OH recently... I love leggings myself, and often wear them with high-heeled boots, a pirate shirt and a waistcoat, and I think they look great on many people if worn with the right things, but the see-through ones are just weird... I was looking at a group of teens/young adults the other day, and my comment to OH was 'don't they realise these aren't leggings, they're just 10 denier tights?'... and really, I don't know how those things could be sold as leggings... they're not... they're, well, as I said, low denier tights, and shops or anyone calling them leggings sure won't change that for me... calling my high heeled boots slippers won't make them pink and fluffy!!