patsylabrador

AAAGH! Leggings are still here but worse

Has anyone heard of these special leggings that apparently have aloe vera in them and other things that will improve cellulite? John Lewis are selling them for £15.00 a pair and there is also another company that sells them for £50.00! :shock:

I think leggings look nice if you wear them with a long jumper and boots.

Sophiex

I think they can look good,especially if you are young, slim & they are very opaque.

I got my daughter several pairs of the Primark body shaper ones (they are sold with the undies,as shapewear & are folded in packs), after buying lots which showed her underwear, & they are BRILLIANT ,& only £3 or so a pair. They wash really well & keep their shape too.

Lots of girls at her college are way less discreet & seem to think a thong under thin leggings looks good :?

There was a great flesh tone leggings picture going around on Facebook a few weeks ago :shock::lol:

Oh dear, I also feel rather old - I think opaque leggings with a long jumper and boots can look good and do wear this myself, but why so many larger ladies wear see-through ones with short tops I cannot imagine my favorite was a pair of young women scoffing a big box of krispy kreme donuts both in very tight, very see-through leggings -uuuuurrrrgggghhhh. (Think they had knickers on, but didn't really want to look too closely)

I remember the last time leggings were "in" in the 1990s, I had a friend who wore tight skin-coloured ones to work, the fabrics then got out of shape more quickly and looked a bit like a saggy nappy by the end of the day - other colleagues used to beg me to get her to stop, but how do you broach the subject ??

I wore them when I was pregnant too, with long jumpers and when the children were small back in the 90's but always with long tops and I was younger and slimmer back then too :roll: They do seem to be worn by large girls and the fabric always seems to be too thin, do they not check the mirror in the morning? :vom:

At least if people wore undies over the top of leggings there would be no doubt whether they were wearing any..... :lol:

I have recently succumbed and bought a pair of leggings but I wear them instead of thick black tights under a dress or a tunic. Mainly because I am forever putting holes in tights :roll: And I always make sure my bottom is well and truly covered!!

I'm really not a fan of the flesh coloured leggings either, it just looks odd. Maybe I am getting old :roll:

I wear leggings with long dresses, tunic and boots. I have a curvy figure, and feel more confident in leggings than in tights. More practical too as I work in a Primary school, and when you're on the floor, or up ladders, playing silly b's with the little ones, it's slightly more modest!