susanbb

TISWAS

I wonder how many of you, like me will relive their youth tonight when TISWAS returns to our screens for a one off special. I must admit that I was a bit fickle and channel hopped between that and Swap Shop on Saturday mornings. Blimey, their was possibly only 3 channels then :!::!:

Susan :D:):D:)

I was never allowed to watch TISWAS, my parents preferred me to watch Swap Shop..... I did used to sneak some channel hopping in though. Were you like me & only used to get dressed when the programme had fininshed & Grandstand was coming on?

Nowadays I feel half the day has gone if I'm not up & ready by 8am :wink:

Wow,

blast from the past! I feel the need to re-live my youth too, now where did I park my Raleigh Chopper! :D:D

Those were the days, when Curley Whirleys were like step ladders, Wagon Wheels were as big as your head, there were shops called 'Family Butcher' at the end of the road and white dog poo!

Kids of today don't know they are born, in my day we didn't have any of this fancy 24 hour telly nonsense, we had try and catch the little girl with the blackboard and very sinister looking clown moving. I swear I saw her blink once. :shock:

I remember vividly the day my Atari melted after 14 hours playing Pacman!

Ahh, reminiscing isn't what it used to be! :lol::lol:

I remember when this was all fields! :)

Kev.

We were a 'Swap Shop' family - my mother didn;t approve of the goings on on Tiswas, and I think she had a bit of a 'thing' for Noel Edmonds in his day! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ubereglu,

TISWAS was a mad childrens saturday morning show, Involving mad games where people got covered in custard pies and various other gunk!!

I think it stands for This Is Saturday Watch And See or something like that.

If I remember rightly there was a Phantom Flan Flinger!

It really was quite bonkers!

Kev.

Ubereglu,

TISWAS was a mad childrens saturday morning show, Involving mad games where people got covered in custard pies and various other gunk!!

I think it stands for This Is Saturday Watch And See or something like that.

If I remember rightly there was a Phantom Flan Flinger!

It really was quite bonkers!

Kev.

But probably quite tame by todays standards! :lol:

In fact, just think of a slightly subdued Dic and Dom! [bOGIES!]

TISWAS!!!! Ooo all those custard pies! I loved it!

Yes, I remeber Dundee Biscuits, individually wrapped huge sort of shortbread rounds with chocolate on one side!!!! MMmmmm.

I remember E.T biscuits too. Those were bright gaudy orange and green type of custard creams!

I remember metal mickey sweets!

I remember snickers being marathons!

I remember chocolate counters

I remember strawberry puff candy bars - mmmmmm

Ra ra skirts & roller boots! :shock:

Fame used to be saturday night viewing & so did Juliet Bravo!!!!!

Luminous socks & wrist bands - yuk!

AND I remember........

Playing elastic jumping in the street!!!!! :lol:

Emma.x

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Aaaaah, elastic jumping!! I LOVED that! Playground games went in seasons back then - there was a marble season, a skipping season, an elastics season and a football season (pretend ponies for the girls).

Playing elastic jumping in the street!!!!! :lol:

Oh yes, we used to tie a piece of elastic around the lampost outside our house and we used to jump in and out of it and then onto both sides of the elastic at the end of the rhyme. We used to sing<

England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Inside, Outside, Puppy dogs tails !?!?!?!

No idea what it meant?

Although we lived in Birmingham, we were always BBC fans, so the Swap Shop always took first dibs in our house. ATV never quite hit the mark. Tiswas was bonkers for the time though :shock::shock: total chaos.

Edited by Guest

Snap! we used to do the England Ireland thing - but at the end we said...inside outside, inside scales????? :?

Oooo swap shop! Do you remeber trimphones? We collect unusual retro things - we have a few trimphones. Got a few Genie phones too. We also have a Rolf Harris Stylophone - & it works!

Infact of house is absolutely full of erm......c##p! he he

Emma.x

:D:D:D:D:D

We did that too only saying,

"Scotland, England, Ireland, Wales, Inside, Outside, Donkeys Tails"

Isn't it funny how the game's the same, but the words alter slightly around the country.

:D:D:D:D:D

We did that too only saying,

"Scotland, England, Ireland, Wales, Inside, Outside, Donkeys Tails"

Isn't it funny how the game's the same, but the words alter slightly around the country.

Up North we sang/chanted...

'England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Inside, Outside, Inside, On'

:lol::lol::lol:

Just been watching it (well still am!). It was a bit ahead of it's time wasn't it? Think I must have watched swap shop more as I can't remember it being quite this mad - very funny though! I remember me and my younger brother dropping to the floor and doing the dying fly every time Mum tried to tell us off! Drove her bonkers! :lol: