Cheeky Chooky Posted November 9, 2011 Share Posted November 9, 2011 (edited) The opportunity came up to collect the girls today (and many thanks again to Redwing for offering to bring them to me ) so obviously I jumped at it! We even managed to get back in daylight so I could get a few pics They are the sweetest little girls...we love them already! They were so funny when it came to bedtime...they really weren't sure where they should roost so they piled up in a little bantam pyramid in front of the doorway of the eglu! I did manage to coax them in eventually and gently shut the door but when I checked a few minutes later, they were snuggled up together...still just inside the door! Bless 'em All set for the new arrivals Edited November 10, 2011 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mollyripkim Posted November 9, 2011 Share Posted November 9, 2011 They are gorgeous, hope you enjoy. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chicken Kitty Posted November 9, 2011 Share Posted November 9, 2011 They are gorgeous!!!.....and really not helping my bad case of 'Morehens'! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chestnutmare Posted November 9, 2011 Share Posted November 9, 2011 They are lovely - congratulations on your new girls. Keep posting pics. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cheeky Chooky Posted November 9, 2011 Author Share Posted November 9, 2011 They are gorgeous, hope you enjoy. Thank you We've only had them a few hours and we're smitten already Can't wait for morning to come They are gorgeous!!!.....and really not helping my bad case of 'Morehens'! Sorry They are lovely - congratulations on your new girls. Keep posting pics. Thanks chestnutmare, will do Need to name them... We were thinking of Australian ladies names as they are Aussie Bantams and have come up with Matilda, Sheila and Edna so far Not sure though Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
memphisto Posted November 9, 2011 Share Posted November 9, 2011 They are beauts as the Aussies would say! I love the way you described them as piling in a pyramid. Enjoy every minute with them, I'm sure you will. Must say again how cute they are! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chicken Kitty Posted November 9, 2011 Share Posted November 9, 2011 Need to name them... We were thinking of Australian ladies names as they are Aussie Bantams and have come up with Matilda, Sheila and Edna so far Not sure though What about Madge, Charlene and Daphne......I loved 'Neighbours' in the 80's!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chicken Kitty Posted November 9, 2011 Share Posted November 9, 2011 Need to name them... We were thinking of Australian ladies names as they are Aussie Bantams and have come up with Matilda, Sheila and Edna so far Not sure though Or Australian places.....Adelaide, Victoria and Alice (Springs)! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
memphisto Posted November 10, 2011 Share Posted November 10, 2011 What about Madge, Charlene and Daphne......I loved 'Neighbours' in the 80's!!! Love it! No Mrs Mangle though......please!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted November 10, 2011 Share Posted November 10, 2011 They are lovely! And well done to Redwing for coming to the rescue Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cheeky Chooky Posted November 10, 2011 Author Share Posted November 10, 2011 Thanks peeps They really are adorable I put a load of leaves in their run earlier and they are having a fantastic time! As for names, we definitely love Matilda and Alice, so just one more now...we're trying to find something that sounds sweet, to match our little darlings Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
redcharlie43 Posted November 10, 2011 Share Posted November 10, 2011 Congrats on your new girls. They are lovely. How about Kylie for an Aussie name??? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cheeky Chooky Posted November 10, 2011 Author Share Posted November 10, 2011 A bit too modern for me It sort of needs to be 'sweet little old lady name' but relevant to Aussies quite difficult! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
redcharlie43 Posted November 10, 2011 Share Posted November 10, 2011 What about Nellie.... as in Nellie Melba the Aussie opera singer Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cheeky Chooky Posted November 10, 2011 Author Share Posted November 10, 2011 Oooh that's a good 'un but my Mum and Dad used to called me Nelly as a nickname when I was a little girl Hmmm, I need to think a bit more about Adelaide and see whether it sits right with Matilda and Alice I could call each of the Blues Adelaide and Alice and the Black could be Matilda What do you think? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chicken Kitty Posted November 10, 2011 Share Posted November 10, 2011 Sounds good!! Or you could have Muriel (after fab Aussie film from the 90's, Muriel's Wedding!) Or Olivia afer Australian Olivia Newton John! The list goes on........ Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
redcharlie43 Posted November 10, 2011 Share Posted November 10, 2011 Definately Muriel.....Great Film Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WitchHazel Posted November 10, 2011 Share Posted November 10, 2011 I love Australorps, such gorgeous black eyes. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cheeky Chooky Posted November 10, 2011 Author Share Posted November 10, 2011 Yes, that's one of the things I love about them...their kindly looking black eyes Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cheeky Chooky Posted November 10, 2011 Author Share Posted November 10, 2011 A few more piccies from today Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chicken Kitty Posted November 10, 2011 Share Posted November 10, 2011 Hey, you went for Adelaide and Alice! Fab! They are beautiful girls! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted November 10, 2011 Share Posted November 10, 2011 They are really lovely chooks Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cheeky Chooky Posted November 10, 2011 Author Share Posted November 10, 2011 Yep...all sorted on the name front Thank you I think they're gorgeous...but I'm biased! I spent quite a lot of time with them today, just sitting cross-legged at the doorway of the run and I can't believe how friendly they were They just pottered around doing chickeny things and came up to me every now and then for a little chat I just love 'em Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chestnutmare Posted November 10, 2011 Share Posted November 10, 2011 They are lovely. I think they have beautiful eyes too. You'll have to get a chicken-watching chair next. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cheeky Chooky Posted November 10, 2011 Author Share Posted November 10, 2011 You'll have to get a chicken-watching chair next. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...