WitchHazel

Things that make you smile and shudder (at the same time)

Had an Ocado delivery yesterday, which came with a catalogue from the children's toy retailed "Great Little Trading Company". Page 4, bottom left hand side.

It's also here online http://www.gltc.co.uk/pws/ProductDetails.ice?ProductID=10000002520 but the description is slightly different between the online version and the print version. Look at the second picture to see what made me chuckle and shudder.

If I wasn't a chicken keeper, I don't think I'd shudder. (Not vegetarian, in fact we do raise a number of our birds for the table each year, so I'm not quite sure why I'm shuddering at all!)

What about you - smile or shudder?

What else have you come across that does both to you?

I think that's quite funny :lol: There seems to be a trend for toy food at the moment, even Ikea have a range. The thought of a small child carrying that around like a teddy & the looks they'd get, tickles me :wink:

Smile & shudder for me is 'The Inbetweeners' I'm not sure if I laugh because I'm uncomfortable & embarrassed or because it's funny :? My 17 year old DS finds it hilarious.

I love to see my chickens having fun but hate it when they find some poor frog :vom:

Also, there is an advert running on telly at the moment for gravy with real meat juices and it shows a toy cow jumping into a gravy jug and kind of melting?! The first time I saw it I thought the cow looked sweet and it made me smile until it became clear it was for gravy. I am veggie so perhaps I found it more shudder inducing than most :?

That toy chicken is a bit ick

I love the inbetweeners :lol: it is sooo funny but sooo gross too. My teen is happy to watch it with me but not his dad :lol:

I've not seen the ads so can't comment but they do sound a bit ick as well. I don't have a problem linking animals to the food we eat, I think it's healthy to understand that connection but don't trivialise it :roll:

Also, there is an advert running on telly at the moment for gravy with real meat juices and it shows a toy cow jumping into a gravy jug and kind of melting?! The first time I saw it I thought the cow looked sweet and it made me smile until it became clear it was for gravy.

Ooh, you've reminded me of an advet that was on when I was a teenager (a loooooong time ago), It was for Paxo stuffing, and there was a happy looking cockerel advertising "paxo the Rooster Booster" (with accompanying jingle), My dad and I both agreed that it didn't seem right somehow. However, I still find myself humming the tune on the odd occasion that I buy Paxo.