Alis girls Posted December 3, 2011 Share Posted December 3, 2011 Pyjamas ie mens ones - ES 16 requires some new ones and like most teens likes the "lounge " pants but they dont seem to come with a top in most cases. For a decent pair you pay upwards of £20 and it makes me mad that I have to fork out for a T shirt top. He can wear a T shirt but it seems manufacturers are cheating us again. Another case of them putting up prices before Christmas and you pay for half the product. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted December 3, 2011 Share Posted December 3, 2011 Try Sainsburys, I've bought pjs (with tops) for both boys, which they both like . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted December 3, 2011 Author Share Posted December 3, 2011 OOh ta - I dont normally do Sainsburys as its not that near but might do a trip out. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Looney Posted December 3, 2011 Share Posted December 3, 2011 I was browsing an online shop for women's pj's and noticed that a lot weren't full sets and the top and bottom had to be bought separately. I'm so not up on what is fashionable, or the done thing, so didn't know if this was becoming the norm now.... Sorry, this doesn't help you at all! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted December 3, 2011 Share Posted December 3, 2011 OOh ta - I dont normally do Sainsburys as its not that near but might do a trip out. Might be an idea to phone first to check if they're still stocking them, I'd hate to send you on a wild goose chase . I bought some a month or two ago so you might be lucky . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
pips_pekins Posted December 3, 2011 Share Posted December 3, 2011 My DS wears lounge pants. I got some last year in Matalan for quite a reasonable price. I noticed some on play.com today in the deals of the week section for about £9 with Superman pattern Free delivery too. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
patsylabrador Posted December 3, 2011 Share Posted December 3, 2011 I only buy PJ bottoms & team them up with those little vesty tops from M&S (for me). Apart from on TV I've never seen a bloke in a PJ top not even my dad. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
squiffs Posted December 3, 2011 Share Posted December 3, 2011 All the men in my family sleep in boxers or the nuddy haha. I think womens' pyjamas are being sold separately now because of the whole 'mix and match' thing - some people like tank tops, others t-shirts, some people jersey style, and then some like briefs, shorts, 3/4 lengths, full length or even just nighties with shorts - I think choice is a good thing, but I always buy my PJs from asda so I never spend more than around £10 for a set anyway Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Geoid Posted December 3, 2011 Share Posted December 3, 2011 Matalan Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Christian Posted December 3, 2011 Share Posted December 3, 2011 Popped into Asda this week for the first time in years. Picked up 2 pairs of lounge 'pants' for £8 each. They also did sets, pj bottoms & a tshirt top for £12 I think.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted December 4, 2011 Author Share Posted December 4, 2011 Thanks everyone = nude - er lets not go there. Hes 16 so dont think so Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
pips_pekins Posted December 4, 2011 Share Posted December 4, 2011 Popped into Asda this week for the first time in years. Picked up 2 pairs of lounge 'pants' for £8 each. They also did sets, pj bottoms & a tshirt top for £12 I think.... That seems a good price. We don't have an Asda that near to us but could be worth a trip out Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted December 4, 2011 Share Posted December 4, 2011 I love Asda pyjamas I haz loads of the bottoms + just wear pyjama tops or have tshirts I only wear as PJs Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted December 4, 2011 Share Posted December 4, 2011 Matalan have some real whacky ones! I got my dad a pair of Beware of dog ones. Very apt for him who has 5 dogs! Hubby is having some super hero ones out of Avon of all places! They just wear any old t shirt for around the house! Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lizinsa Posted December 4, 2011 Share Posted December 4, 2011 I'm another big fan of Matalan PJs, they are good value and importantly the fabric has a nice feel. Every year I get PJs from my Mum and I've had to put her onto Matalan as the M&S ones are usually much more expensive and don't feel very nice. I like the flexibility of mix and match top and bottoms but like others have said do think shops like it more because they can get more cash out of you! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...