jjmack

Being a bit of a chicken!

Well the cat flap is in, the cats are micro chipped, photos taken etc. I have put the cat basket outside with a blanket of theirs in for smell. I have walked them round the garden a few times on the lead and been out in garden with them and then brought them in. They can get out through the cat flap but haven't sussed getting in. But I don't seem to be brave enought to just let them go for it, alone! Any tips, hints, ideas?

I can well imagine how you feel, it must be daunting "letting them go" for the first time. :anxious:

Its a long time since I had a cat, but I do remember when we had a kitten when i was little my Dad and I spent AGES posting said kitten back and forth to each other through the cat flap until she figured out how to do it herself. I'm very sure your cats know exactly which side their bread is buttered so will be quick to learn that their home and garden is the best place to be!!!

We had the same issue - no prob cat going out the cat flap but it was obviously very scary coming back through it :? We tied a piece of string round it to the door handle so it was open for a few days and our rescue cats soon got the idea - especially when a few prawns were on offer just inside. Although they would NEVER have even gone outside in less than 20 degrees warmth! :roll:

Well I braved it and let them stay outside with out me. They took a while to suss the cat flap and then appeared next to me in the house. So today i left the catflap open from 8.00 till 5 and they went out as I left for work and were sitting in side on my return. Hurrah....... now just got to brave putting the Xmas tree up!