Couperwife

not happy cat

They are too clever are cats :lol:

I remember when I needed to get a sample from Henry, it was easy, told him to go pee, he did, I caught it in a container... Good dog!

Now, I would have stood no chance with Thomas as he wouldn't use a litter tray... And with Harry and Sabrina now I don't think it would be easy.... Good luck Cathy, I dont envy you honey xxx

I cant believe im about to do this but..."horray :dance: ive got a wee sample" :lol::lol::lol:

madam wasnt too impressed and tried to run outside but I won :dance:

anyway, she now needs to go back in for a blood test to check her for liver/kidney/diabetes cos her wee was a bit diluted :?

she is having a full geriatric (sp?) blood test - bless her, I dont like to say it, but she is nearly 13, they think its just age, but want to check to make sure that its nothing else nasty

lots of snuggles for piperkit tonight and tomorrow I think

thanks for the comments :D - the plug-in is plugged in :D

cathy

x

yesterday she went to have a blood test :(

they shaved a bit on her neck, under her collar so you cant see it :D

awaiting the blood test results now. should be back Tuesday :D

she is milking it though :lol: she keeps looking sad :( , so she gets more snuggles and dinner :lol: sneaky girl :lol:

thanks for the comments

cathy

x

It's really important you clean the area thoroughly or she'll keep going back. If it's carpet, any of the enzyme based pet solutions (or biological washing detergent) will do it. However it's likely to have soaked into the underlay as well, which won't clean properly I'm afraid. Easiest thing to do is lift the carpet in the corner, cut out the underlay with a craft knife (you will be able to see where the damp bit is is), clean the concrete/floorboards with enzyme cleaner and then replace the underlay with an offcut of new if you can be bothered, and a newspaper if you can't ;)

Piper has got early stages of Kidney problems, apparently there are 4 stages of it and Piper is at 2.

we have to get special food for her, we wont be able to get rid of it, but we should be able to control it.

Ive got some sachets of food on order, and she is sampling some dried food - seems to be nice though

she needs another appointment in a month - gulp...

well, she has to get better!!!

cathy

x

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/hills-prescription-diets-hills-kd-prescription-diet-kd-c-62_66_103

http://www.nutrecare.co.uk/Product-1932/Hills-Prescription-Diet-for-Cats/Hills-prescription-diet-feline-k/d-pouches

The pouches are pricey - one of our kittens which went to live with friends had to have a kidney removed and she just has the dried food and a water fountain. Does the trick.

My late beloved Lonnie had kidney disease, and as Aunty E says, the Hills dried food is much cheaper and she took to it very well despite having almost no teeth! (The vet said 'don't worry, she'll crunch it up' - and she did!).

Lonnie lived to the grand old age of 17, and I think that was 3/4 years after diagnosis - hard to remember now - so I hope Piperkit has a good few years ahead of her; it's very common in older cats, and the good thing is that you've spotted it early. While it's not reversible, the Hills' diet will slow down the progress considerably. Glad you've got a diagnosis.