Goosey Lucy

Easter Crafty Swap 2012: Vote on page 12

Hello everyone :D , the Easter Bunny and I have sat down and given the Easter Egg Of Names a good stir.

Please check your inboxes for the name of the person you will be sending to. Your lovingly crafted items need to be sent by Friday March 30th at the latest, any time that week is great, please try and remember to get a proof of posting if at all possible :D

Thank you to everyone for sending their addresses to me so quickly, I'll pm your swap addresses to you in the middle of March.

If anyone hasn't received a pm from me, please let me know :anxious:

Shall I start?

AJuff loves wildflower meadows, hens, garden ponds teeming with wildlife, Lindt chocolate, trollbeads, honey bees and bumble bees, drinking tea in bed, reading, decorating the house for Christmas and Easter, rabbits and hares, English cathedrals, walking in wild places, choral singing, Twinnings everyday tea, quilting, crotcheting, knitting, cross stitching, sewing and the smell of Molten Brown heavenly gingerlily.

ok here goes....scubababe love scuba diving. Watching all the pretty, colourful fish swimming freely. I have a fish tank which we were going to make Marine but it's too difficult so it's going back to Tropical. I love my hens and have now ordered my WIR & going to get some ex-batts when it's ready. I like to be girly but with to boys it's a bit difficult! I like to go to balls and dress up in posh frocks. Favourite colours are gorgeous blues, pinks & purples. Loves sparkles. Past times are cakes decorating..so relaxing decorating cakes...& then eating them after :lol: Tastes vary from comfortable to quirky...so lots of scope there!! :lol::lol: Trying to learn to knit...I have quite simple tastes and appreciate people saying thank-you rather than buying expensive gifts. Trying to achieve a bit some of the 'good life' growing vegetables etc . Love being involved in my ladies club which raises money for charity and being on the pre-school committee (which is a charity) I would like to think that while I am on this earth that I can make a difference!

Probably too much rambling but that's me :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm sure your swappee will be happy with whatever you make. :D I know I certainly will :D

But if anyone wants to know, I like lots of things, I prefer strong colours to pastels, I'm not really into cute things. I can crochet but can't really knit. I'm learning to quilt and can sew relatively competently. I can follow instructions but struggle with making things up. I enjoy singing in the car. I loved looking after my hens but sadly don't have any at the moment. However our two young cats are keeping me laughing at their antics :lol:

Hmm, not entirely sure what to say here! My favourite colour is green, I love spending time with the chickens and can imagine myself with a small holding later in life. I'm off to uni (hopefully Glasgow) in September so I'm also collecting my own set of 'stuff' to take with me. Useful everyday household items and the less useful stuff that makes a room feel more homely. I hope that's enough :?:D

I'd be happy to get anything - when I've taken part in swaps before, I have been absolutely thrilled with what I've received. However it is quite entertaining reading people's descriptions above! I already have a plan for my Crafty Swap, and I'm not sure it would be possible to personalise it, so apologies in advance to my swappee.

Olly likes gin, bees, hens, reading, singing, beer, cats, pork pies and chocolate. Not necessarily in that order, and not all at the same time! :lol:

Olly!! Wish I'd known that lot some time ago!!

Freddie likes dogs, cats Hens, gardening, Veg, flowers, wide open spaces, Radio 4 ,making things, food and needlework,

Freddie would like to learn how to bind a book, and how to cover a book properly. likes reading, but has no time since the move, Hates painting ceilings. Would love to learn woodcarving.

Likes being out in the sticks, covered in filth, no make up hair everywhere, and not caring !!

hates dust,as I feel obliged to move it around :lol: seems a waste of time!

Loves roses.and proper marigolds;

Would love to learn to patchwork properly, as am in awe of those perfectly lined up corners, and the beautiful patterns;

Loves sugarcraft, and does a lot of it, though handwashing/scrubbing is So important, as grey streaks are not good!!

Hope all this helps, rather than confuses

I've totally loved sending and receiving all the swaps I've been involved with, and think everyone has so much to give, all from their hearts, and you cant get better than that!

Do you know what :?: Yes I will do my crafty thingy & hope my swapee likes what I have done.....but....am LOVING what peeps are putting here!! Forget the swap for a mo but it's an insight into us....Ollie I'm with you....I like a gin occasionally & when I read that I just say the Aldi advert!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Goosey Lucy...I'm with you..would love to be able to knit..it'll happen one day :D

Surfer chick...I would love a small holding as well. Good luck at Uni....

Comon everyone else...let us know who you are :?::lol::lol::lol:

Nanny Ogg loves chickens, tortoises, purple, cardmaking, just about to try my hand at quilting, reading (Terry Pratchett and Chris Brookmyre mainly, plus chickeny, foody, and crafty books and mags).

Love cooking, particularly Indian, Jamaican and Italian cuisine, enjoy baking too, cake pops are a recent discovery (well, last summer), so make those when I have time.

Planning my WIR is a fave pastime, it's been in the planning stage for well over a year now! Maybe one fine day it will actually get built!

Love comedies and documentaries, can't bear scary tv or films.

Love my allotment, the feeling of eating a meal knowing that 90% of what's on your plate is home grown is fantastic :D

What I will absolutely love though, is whatever my crafty swapper makes for me :D

Absolutely! At the moment, I have just made various sponge based mixtures, victoria, chocolate, carrot etc., none of which I think would survive the postal system intact :lol: . However, I am going to try fruitcake pops! I have just started soaking the fruit in Jamaican rum, so will make the cake in a few weeks. Not sure how the decoration will go, as it will be too fiddly to marzipan them, so they may not be as pretty as the sponges...but you are more than welcome to be part of the tasting panel :lol: