WitchHazel

Specs reglazing - UPDATED

HI All

I want to get some specs reglazed. It's not cost effective to get it done through the HIgh Street optician, so I'm going to try an online service.

Have you tried any of the on-line reglazers? Any you would recommend or avoid? Any tips?

Edited to add, I'm thinking of trying Ciliary Blue.

Thanks for your help

Edited by Guest

Thanks UE

No, I started with my own optician, D&A, (and from previous experience of Sepcsavers) where reglazing costs more than getting new specs.

I've picked one to try, Ciliary Blue. I started my order on line but had to phone them to check something. UK phone number, UK chap answered and was realy helpful (plus he gave me a code for 10% discount).

Box dir posting specs to them arrived today, so I should have the reglazed specs next week.

Fingers crossed.

I hadn't thought ogf an independant optician. If Ciliairy Blue doesn't work out, then I'll try that next. Thank you

UPDATE

Well, I tried Ciliary Blue, and I can't recommend them highly enough. Fantastic service, great price, excellent quality.

Placed order on Friday (phoned the conact number for help filling in the online form and got 10% off). Box arrived Saturday and I posted them back that morning. New specs arrived today (Tuesday).

DH's prescription was straightforward. I went for standard lenses, with antiscratch and some special stayclean coating. Cost was £30 for the pair (10% discount made it £27). The coatings were £15 of the £30 cost.

They also do thin (1.60), Superthin (1.67) and Ultrathin (174) lenses; and they do Reactions. And they do varifocals.

I will DEFINITELY use them again.