Ain't Nobody Here

Intros going well!

For a few days now, I've been letting the babies onto the grass so the others can see them through the netting. I then let them all out together. A couple of pecks but no more. Then let them all into the WIR and free-range area. It was lovely watching the babies explore the WIR 8) . They all seem to be getting along just fine. Lulu is very feisty and will go right up to the old girls, Layla is much more timid and has been hiding up on a high plank.

Not leaving them all together permanently just yet but will try putting them together for a while each day.

A few photos ... apologies for the state of the WIR, it's due a big clean :oops: .

6863088687_f44f6d66bf.jpg

6863091335_a0ab8f6ea8.jpg

"What d'you think we're supposed to do in here?"

6863089491_4e3136d127.jpg

6863090393_d0a834789f.jpg

Sounds good ANH. My new girls were out with the oldies yesterday for the first time and I am leaving them together for longer today. They are being supervised though. Lola seems to be the one who tries to peck the Silkies if they go into her "space". However Estelle isn't taking things lying down and she stood up to her by jumping in the air and flapping her wings,this appeared to make Lola rethink. It seems as if they are at least accepting each other :D They are in separate eglus and when they fr seem to enjoy trying out the each others eglu :shock:

Mine after nearly 4 weeks have been together all weekend and last night we took the seperation down and they all slept together. .. :dance: A few pecks but nothing serious , usually when Poppy is greedy and wants Rosies meal worm,..I am sure it is not all over yet but fingers crossed so far so good..

Usually Lola and Layla only go into the eglu at night and to use the nest box, but when it's someone else's house you just have to spend a lot of time in there just checking that they don't have anything extra :roll: We had another skirmish again today. It was Lola facing up to Estelle and the same thing happened, when Estelle jumped and flapped Lola decided not to go in for the peck so hopefully they can eventually live together amicably.

... A few photos ... apologies for the state of the WIR, it's due a big clean :oops: .

Blimey! If that is how your WIR looks when it is *due* a "big clean" .. can't wait to see it when you *have* given it one!!!! :anxious:

Mine looks like that *after* a "big clean" :oops:

... A few photos ... apologies for the state of the WIR, it's due a big clean :oops: .

Blimey! If that is how your WIR looks when it is *due* a "big clean" .. can't wait to see it when you *have* given it one!!!! :anxious:

Mine looks like that *after* a "big clean" :oops:

I was thinking the same!! :lol: Looks wonderful to me!! :oops: Glad to hear that it's all going so well so far!!! :dance:

When I was at home today I let the girls fr together. There just seems to be occasional chasing but only over a few feet then it stops so that is good news. The oldies seem to be ignoring the new girls a lot. Although when Trixie started shouting her egg song Lola and Layla gave her a look and turned tail. I do hope this continues :D

They are funny, aren't they :lol: .

Lulu was even pecking some of the oldies today :shock: . She also seems to protect Layla a bit which is sweet.

I've left them all together in the WIR tonight. None of them seemed to know where to put themselves and there was so much shuffling and muttering I ended up putting the newbies into the eglu with the door shut.

I wouldn't. Good idea to keep them separate, even at bedtime, until you're totally sure they're happy with each other :) .

One of my oldies had part of her comb pecked off inside the eglu last time I did introductions :( .

Thanks. That's what I thought :D Your poor girl, that must have been awful for her :(

All girls free ranging for whole day together :D The Silkies are getting more confident but don't challenge Lola and Layla if they can avoid it. There seems to be less squabbling now :D They are using one eglu to lay their eggs in :shock: But I have not allowed them to settle together at night. However the Silkies always go to bed first so I think that will be useful when I decide to let them go into one eglu.

That's good :D .

Mine are also spending all day together but little Layla keeps well out of the way. She really is very timid :( . I've put some anti-peck spray on her back as I saw Lulu having a munch today :? . Lulu gives as good as she gets and is happy to have a go at anyone and everyone :roll: .

They're all laying in the same eglu too - I dismantled the temporary setup today so fingers crossed for continued peace :pray: . Layla's still laying softies or wierdies though.

Glad to hear your intros are going ok :D .

I've had my two new girls Pudding and Treacle for a couple of weeks now and I'm planning on letting them FR with the others tomorrow. There has been a few square ups between the wire but nothing too aggressive. Hopefully things will stay that way :pray: .

Good luck. Let us know how it goes :D I am not sure how long I should wait until I let mine share the eglu :? I had a bit of a panic today as when I went to close up the eglu with the Silkies there was only one there :shock: Fortunately I found one sitting under the holly bush. I have no idea why she decided to do that and not go inside as she has been doing recently. Perhaps she lost her friend and then was not sure how to get back to her home. Apart from that all still going well and no injuries :D

Noticed a bit of quite angry bickering over the nestbox this morning while I was doing the dishes :shock: .

I've taken out the larger roosting bars and put in an Ikea storage box as a second nestbox. Hopefully they'll learn to use it and not fall out with each other again :pray: .

No-one sleeps in the eglu, thankfully, or it wouldn't have been so easy to fix.

I wonder if I should put up some sort of partition to make each nestbox more private :think: .

It might be difficult to fix a partition in place :? Although my girls have 2 eglus they don't seem to stick to their own to lay in. However in the Silkies one I have taken out all the bars as they were laying on them and the eggs were getting broken. I have a roasting tray as a nest box where the large bars were. Today I found I small egg in the roasting tray and a mini egg in the nest box. I do not know how I will fulfil all their needs when (hopefully) they eventually share an eglu as the hybrids have all the bars in place. They seem to be free ranging ok together although the Silkies spend most of their time out of the way of Lola and Layla under the holly bush.