ilovechickens

what are you all studying?

Not a student, I work full time but I'm currently studying for my Grade VII Singing exam. I'm also supposed to be studying for Module 1 of the BBKA exams for Beekeepers ... not much has been done in that regard, due to other commitments, I think I'm going to have to do some cramming very quickly!

I think you're really asking about the full-time students on here, though, Lewis et al.

lol...

sorry but its not self explanatory to an oldie like me
ooo that did make me laugh. I will be hitting the 'half century' next year...far to old to be studying at my age!!! :lol::lol:

It basically covers child development, areas of learning, different methods of learning, supporting children through stages of development & life changes, child protection.

I'm a childminder and have been for about 7 years. Prior to that I was an accountant/office manager!! Did the career change when we decided to start a family & I wanted to be a stay at home mum. Yes I was a late starter but then I'd done the suited & booted, hiring & firing thing & had travelled quite a lot.

I think I would rather be doing what surfer_chicken is doing...sounds a lot more interesting :lol::lol:

Post by Ms Marple » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:12 pm

I have always wanted to ask are you a scubabe???

:oops: :oops: Sorry I meant scuba diver??

lol...yes. I'm a Padi Divemaster. That is my other passion but it's taken a back seat now because of the kids! They are both water babes but at 2 & 4 a liccle bit to small to be diving just yet :lol::lol::lol:

I manage to get to a swimming pool occasionally just to 'get my gear wet'. Hey ho at least while that is parked I can get on with ladies :D:dance:

I am 51 next month...so we are of an age...sounds like an interesting course. I have finally found my place in the workplace teaching teenage boys with behavioural social and emotional difficulties...been doing it since 1999 and will (if they keep me) probably be doing it till retirement :)

lol...yes. I'm a Padi Divemaster. That is my other passion but it's taken a back seat now because of the kids! They are both water babes but at 2 & 4 a liccle bit to small to be diving just yet :lol::lol::lol:

I manage to get to a swimming pool occasionally just to 'get my gear wet'. Hey ho at least while that is parked I can get on with ladies :D:dance:

I guess I am studying then as I am working towards my BSAC Dive leader, which I think is similar to Divemaster.

I sometimes feel like I do my GCSEs and A levels every year as I teach and as a Head of Year I regularly study behaviour- usually bad!

ilovechickens...I am the opposite....I took a degree in English and Education studies and went to work as a learning support assistant for a year before applying for pgce....didn't get a place so did another year..and another...then I took over teaching music as an Unqualified teacher..now teaching English too...to GCSE level...but with each class having some lessons with the head of english to cover us under ofsted.

Can you get some supply work to keep you going...

Oh another diver, i am a BSAC (oldie ) Advanced, and instructor. I learnt way back in 1983... Sadly due to arthritis i don't do it anymore.

I was a Hyperbaric nurse in the military, before joining the NHS on ITU, until i had to give up work a few years ago.

As for studying ....i can't afford to pay any fees now , but i do often pick a topic, such as " aramaic scriptures " and am comparing them to our modern day bibles...quite interesting as we are the guilty ones since 1560's that have put the puncutuation in place...take it out and scripture reads very differently. Only doing this as my Lent studies this year.

Come Easter it will be the art of eating the chocolate i plan to give up just now too.... :lol::lol: