The Dogmother

Deer antler dog chews

Anyone else get these for their pooches? Moochoo got me onto them and ours have just arrived.

Cyrus set about his with gusto, Ruby circled hers warily, gave it the horse-eye, then settled down for a good nom.

They don't break or splinter and are really good for cleaning their teefs.

Edited by Guest

Thanks for that link DM, an RGT colleague at Crufts was telling me about "someone who used to run Fish4Dogs that's now gone it alone" but couldn't remember who it was, that would be him, then!!!

Have to say, I did buy rather a lot of F4D at Crufts, it was very good value there so we're stocked up for the next 6 months or so!!!

Will do. Everyone I know who has them says how long-lasting and safe they are; apparently they gradually wear down as opposed to breaking down or splintering. They certainly seem very hard/dense, my two have big sharp teefs so if they last it will be a wonder!.

I got the medium size and they cost £5 each.

Yes - Tango has a stagbar which I got her in (I think) November. She really loves it and has a good chew on it most nights. We'll probably have to get her a new one soon-ish but I'm really pleased with how well it has lasted as it wasn't cheap, although I did get the biggest size! It definitely doesn't splinter and she has super clean teeth too :D

ETA - Tango loves F4D jerky treats too (and yes, they do pong :lol: )

Do they do a dinosaur size for my big boy! :lol:

Yes, they do a large size - £7 I think but I'll have to check tomorrow as I left the details at work

ETA, the prices are:

small £3

medium £5 *I got this size for my two.

Large £7

X Large £9

V Large £10

+ postage and packing if necessary

They are all eco friendly being from deer which shed their antlers each March. Mine love them!!! Great for the teeth

Can't get my dog to touch it - I've soaked it and rasped the ends as they suggest. Wish he would - would probably last for ages!

Sue

Try smearing it with a bit of peanut butter to get him into it. I use peanut butter as a bribe for things like that and for coating worming tablets - they just love it!

I get the sweet potato chews for George too and they certainly dont last an evening! half an hour if we're lucky! :lol:

He is alergic to potato, so these are good for him and keep him quiet while we eat :D

He is also alergic to beef, chicken, pork, turkey, duck, rice, wheat and barley and i have found plenty of treats for him from here, so anyone else who has a dog with alergies this may be worth a look too.

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/swallowhealthydiet-uk/&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2754

My antler chews (well Tango's to be precise :lol: ) arrived this morning. They are a much better shape than the Stagbar chews and even seem to be tastier - Tango growled at me when I walked past her as she was chewing it earlier :shameonu: Thankfully she has now chilled out and realised I am not going to steal it and eat it myself :vom: She never did that with her Stagbar so she must consider this new chew to be more high value.

Ooh, I've just read this thread (must've missed it) My OH saw an advert for stagbars in the metro paper and was going to get one but if you think these ones are better then I'd like to try one on my pooch. There's nothing like a personal recommendation. What size would you advise for our lurcher/staffie cross as she's a very strong chewer?