Plum Posted June 24, 2012 Share Posted June 24, 2012 (edited) It's been so quiet on here, we need shaking up. Anyone up for a summer swap? You make a postcard size 6" x 4" size piece in any media, felt, patchwork, thread etc., and we swap when you choose. Some instructions here and ideas here from the flikr group here I love those trees, I wonder if I could do one. and what we received Plums Craftyhunnypie Scubababe 002 by skubababe Chuckmum6 Lesley freddie Jennifer Jane Edited August 5, 2012 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
freddie Posted June 24, 2012 Share Posted June 24, 2012 Wierd, but fun!! Can it be any medium though, please! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted June 24, 2012 Author Share Posted June 24, 2012 Of course, that'll make it more interesting. I've had a go at arranging a swap so please volunteer someone to be the postman. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted June 24, 2012 Share Posted June 24, 2012 I'll join in please, but I also have arranged a swap before now, so it would be nice for someone else to play postie. Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted June 25, 2012 Share Posted June 25, 2012 I'd like to join please....... I've arranged one but don't mind doing it again Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Goosey Lucy Posted June 25, 2012 Share Posted June 25, 2012 I'm going to have to sit this one out, sorry, life is hectic at the moment. But I can't wait to see what everyone makes Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted June 25, 2012 Share Posted June 25, 2012 Can I not just buy a Seaside postcard Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted June 25, 2012 Share Posted June 25, 2012 Only if you put glue, glitter & sequins on it! Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted June 26, 2012 Author Share Posted June 26, 2012 That'll cheer the postman up Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted June 28, 2012 Share Posted June 28, 2012 Do we have systems go? Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted June 28, 2012 Author Share Posted June 28, 2012 Yeh, over to you Lesley, we're in your hands . Perhaps if you start another thread a nice mod will move these posts over to it Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted June 30, 2012 Share Posted June 30, 2012 Do we need to start another thread?......... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted June 30, 2012 Author Share Posted June 30, 2012 Not really just thought you might want to control the thread title Are we going to have a theme? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chuckmum6 Posted June 30, 2012 Share Posted June 30, 2012 ......Chickens? I'll join in - not totally sure how this actually works , but I 'll give it a go. I break up on Friday for summer hooray - so this could be a welcome change. I've already got design ideas... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted July 1, 2012 Share Posted July 1, 2012 Oh good, another swapee Not really just thought you might want to control the thread title Are we going to have a theme? I could leave off the word 'Summer' A theme .......I thought I was just sorting out posting details etc. Don't make me think, I've been poorly all week and my head's like cotton wool Anys for suggestions welcome....... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted July 1, 2012 Author Share Posted July 1, 2012 Magic! summer has gone. Sorry you've got a poorly head What about widening the theme from chickens to nature. That's something we all could relate to and gives scope to do practically anything. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
scubababe Posted July 1, 2012 Share Posted July 1, 2012 WOW. This reminds me of the Victorian era. When do you think it would have to be completed by? Depending on dates I could volunteer to sort out swap addresses. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jennifer Jane Posted July 2, 2012 Share Posted July 2, 2012 I would like to join in please. Although I have lots of WIPs (including the cardy challenge ) and DH says I need to finish a few things before I start anything else, if I have a deadline I will work to it. And postcards aren't very big, so theoretically it shouldn't take long... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
emily95 Posted July 2, 2012 Share Posted July 2, 2012 Please could I join? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted July 2, 2012 Author Share Posted July 2, 2012 Good there's a few of us now. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chuckmum6 Posted July 2, 2012 Share Posted July 2, 2012 Just let me now timings and any details. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted July 3, 2012 Share Posted July 3, 2012 Right, I'm back........cotton wool brain has gone (not that it will make much difference ) I was joking about the word Summer - but quite appropriate given the weather we have I'm happy to sort out addresses etc. so if you all let me have your details I can sort out who your swappee will be. I think NATURE is a brilliant topic and yes to whoever asked about the medium to be used........any medium..... How about aiming to post on or near the last day of July so that we all receive them in August - it may even be Summer by then! Let me know if that doesn't suit so that we can consider other dates. I'll list all the people taking part shortly...... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted July 3, 2012 Author Share Posted July 3, 2012 Smashing Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
scubababe Posted July 3, 2012 Share Posted July 3, 2012 Cool. Thanxs Leslie for volunteering to organise this. I will PM you with my address. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted July 3, 2012 Share Posted July 3, 2012 (edited) So far we have..... Me Plum Freddie Scubababe Craftyhunnypie Chuckmum6 Jennifer Jane Emily95 and abwsco - are you joining us? Edited July 4, 2012 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...