Guest Debs13

Big School Induction

Harry has successfully done his first day at big school Phew what a relief :oops:

It didn't start too well as I forgot to do him some breakfast :oops: He usually has it at breakfast club at school, he did have a flapjack and a cup of tea though and he took another flapjack and a banana for mid morning break, so he didn't starve

He thoroughly enjoyed it, he walked there and back with a group of friends

I have just bought some of his uniform and he looks so grown up. It brought a tear to my eye seeing him :(:) A very handsome boy 8)

I hope anyone else who has spent induction days at senior school has had a good a time as Harry seems to have had, he can't wait to go back tomorrow 8)

Im so glad everything went well for him Debs. :D

Such a big change isnt it? :? Little fish and big pond spring to mind!

But Harry come across as a boy who takes things in his stride and with great parents like you and Dan im sure he will be as right as rain! 8)

Oh boy that brings back some memories Debs. Seb's going into year 11 in September and spent yesterday helping with the new year 7 induction day. It does remind me of when I first saw him in his new school uniform, tie, blazer etc, I'm sure there was a few tears in my eye. Such a big move.

I'm delighted that Harry had a good day, he seems such a well rounded, happy lad that I'm sure he'll settle in just fine and with you and Dan there to support and guide him he's got it all made :D:D They do seem to grow up fast when they get to secondary school though. It doesn't make much sense but I swear the years just accelerate by from there on in.

Senior School Induction is on Friday for all our Yr 6..........doesn't affect my 2 as they are going into Yr 9 & 11 (now I'm feeling old :wink: ) although we had a letter home this week as the BBC & Newsround will be filming and following the new intake on their induction day :D:D:D

My 2 are quite disappointed..............they wanted to be on telly :roll::roll::roll:

Glad to hear that Harry has enjoyed himself today!

Good job I read this as you've reminded me that I haven't sent off my uniform order yet :oops: Dan starts reception in September (or is it August now? :? ) He's missed most of the induction days as we were away, double :oops: But I did write and tell the school and asked them to send me any information about his start day (they have a system here of half days for a couple of weeks, then home at lunchtimes for a couple of days a week). All his friends now know when they will be starting, but have I heard anything from the school yet?? :twisted: NOT a good start!! :roll:

we had lots of little year 6's in our school yesterday.

its weird for us teachers too :shock:

I've just lost my year 11 tutor group cos they are all grown up, ive had them since they came for the taster day in y6, i hope that i've helped them mature into well rounded young adults (or traumatised them into submission), then the little toerags go and leave on me :roll:

so now I have a load of newbies to traumatise. :lol: (maybe I shouldn't say that on here :lol::lol: )

Am glad he had a good day.

The years will fly by now. They seem to go by twice as quick as those at primary school.

Next thing you know he will be choosing his options.

I hope its not twice as quick as primary scool! Abi will begin Year 4 in August and it only seems like five minutes ago that she was starting reception. She has really grown up this year and actually she almost seems ready for big school now!

He had a good day and was eager to go again this morning, he is there for 3 days.

One minor blip, a group of them were late for geography because they got a bit lost in the one way system :roll: but no harm done. The teacher was blocking the corridor and wouldn't let them through, a bit mean, but rules is rules :wink:

Hope you hear about your sons school soon Snowy, it gets a bit worrying doesn't it

I find it strange in the shops that they have got all the 'Back to School' stuff in and they haven't even broken up yet

Egluntine the years are already zooming by, it only seems like last year he was in Reception

He has got a map but it's not a very good one

He'll soon know the ropes though, I think spending 3 days there is a very good idea

I am very pleased with him at the moment, he is really organised (unlike me forgetting his breakfast) and packs his bag with all he needs for school

I just hope it lasts :roll: