bluekarin

Neela is here!

We picked her up this morning :dance: We are the first family to take their puppy home out of the 6 and the mum and two sisters were crying when we went (hooman ones). I say we, went, I think it was more Neela going :wink: She was the youngest daughters (who is also one of the named breeders) fave.

She sat on my lap on her stinky vet bed fleece and manky, sorry, loved toy and shivered for a bit but then settled. She didn't whimper at all. When we got in, as she'd done a wee at her old home and we were just a short drive to ours, we put her inside her cage with her bits and bobs, which she then proceeded to whimper and some aroo woofering whilst we milled about a bit. Mr Yo-Yo cat then came down stairs as flat to the floor as possible with a big tail and straight out the cat flap :lol: Poor thing. I then took Neela out, and a bit of a cuddle, she settled on my lap and went to sleep and was dreaming. She's now back in her cage asleep on her toys and hasn't woken up even whilst I have been making a fair amount of noise in the kitchen.

Before I am deafened, I will pop a couple of photos up in a bit, just need to do battle with photobucket, or may try flicker.

EDIT - link to first pics at home. Not the best as she kept moving and it was through the bars of her cage, but she looks contented :D

http://s470.photobucket.com/albums/rr65/bluekarin/?action=view&current=072.jpg

http://s470.photobucket.com/albums/rr65/bluekarin/?action=view&current=073.jpg

http://s470.photobucket.com/albums/rr65/bluekarin/?action=view&current=074.jpg

Edited by Guest

What night did we have? Well, she went to sleep at around 11.30pm and I thought good good. Then got woken up at 2.30am and she howled until 3.10am :cry: She was then up again at 5.30am which I got up for as I thought if she needs a wee then best to get her outside. She had a dry night though which is excellent. We've had one wet accident and only due to me missing the signs. She has been a bit of a whiner today and was dragging her bum across the carpet. I know its not worms, but I think it may be the ahem glands which I will get the vet or nurse to deal with tomorrow when she goes for her vet check. She's still not that interested in her food - only if I put it on the floor and not from her bowl, but has drunk some water. I made her a scrambled egg this morning which she ate nearly all of, so she must have been starving! I'll make sure she has it at bedtime from now on which will hopefully help her get through the night. I hope she is quieter tonight, but I am glad I was strong and didn't go down to her. Was hard though.

Thanks for the info DM. I want to hold off changing anything to do with her diet yet as I don't want her to get a unsettled tum, but I will bear that in mind. I am guessing as she isn't eating the normal amount of dry food, she has got a bit loose. I made a treat toy using some empty loo roll tubes to get her to eat something. I put a few biscuits inside and folded in the ends. She loved playing with it and then was quite surprised when food came out. She ate them up pretty quickly :lol:

Hopefully, as you say, your resolve last night will pay dividends with a peaceful night tonight:pray: It is amazing how quickly they fit in. We have had Lara for a full week now and at first she didn't eat much or drink her water which concerned us a bit. However she now eats like a horse :shock: I expect the same will happen with Neela. Good luck at the vets.

Just caught up with the photos, she is beautiful and her name is so fitting too. You did well not getting up at night, I am sure she she will soon settle and it's better than making a rod for your own back. I wouldn't worry too much about her food at the moment, don't forget she is on her own now without the competition of the other puppies. Personally I would keep her diet as per the breeders for the time being rather than try tempting her with different things, I know its so hard when she is so little but you don't want to make her fussy and she won't starve herself. My yorkie was particularly difficult as a puppy but as they have a reputation for being fussy we didnt give in and now she will eat anything.

Most of all just enjoy this lovely time with her! :)

She behaved beautifully at the Vee ee Tees. When I got in there, the receptionist asked for a cuddle and then said is it ok if I whisk her away? and with that, she took her off upstairs to the staff room :shock: Good job its the usual lady otherwise I'd be a bit miffed. Apparently they do it to all new puppy's! She was very good for the vet who even checked her glands. She went to the loo totally fine this morning before we went and she is eating a lot more now so I think it was just a little blip. She fell asleep in the nurses room when she was talking to me about nutrition etc She's booked in for a puppy party in a few weeks and her next jab and to be micro chipped. She is now so very tired and has been asleep for about 1 1/2 hours, even though my ED has friends over after breaking up from school at lunchtime who want to see and play with her.

The only thing that annoyed me at the vets was feeling like I was in the middle of a sales pitch as they do a specific pet food and I felt that the food we have her on wasn't as good as theirs :(

The only thing that annoyed me at the vets was feeling like I was in the middle of a sales pitch as they do a specific pet food and I felt that the food we have her on wasn't as good as theirs :(

I wouldn't worry Karin; they all seem to do that... it makes a lot of money. Mine have given up trying it with me as I feed mostly raw and they can't dispute that my hounds are in top health. They also don't like that I buy the same wormer form the pharmacy a few metres away at less than half the price, but that's their look out.

Glad all went well at the vets :D Lara has to get microchipped at her next visit. She had a bit of a reaction to the injection and has ended up with a lump about the size of a 2p at the back of her neck. I thought about it for a while but as I was a bit concerned mainly due to the size of the lump I phoned the vet and they asked me to take her back just to check. Thankfully they said it will eventually go but she will be given her next injection somewhere else.

The vet did not discuss what to feed her but I was given a 'goody bag' with a bag of Hill Science Plan food in it. She is on Butchers puppy tins at the moment and as I am quite keen to get her onto dry food for her teeth (I have read that poodles can have problems with their teeth) I have started to gradually phase in the dried food.

I would not have been happy to have my puppy whisked away :? Just as well you knew her :!: