Chucky Mama

Paul O'Grady for the love of dogs

I'm really enjoying this programme too. That lovely staffy that was rehomed this week was so funny - jumping up on the table for the jammy dodgers! :lol:

I have heard that Paul doesn't keep the boxer (too big/boisterous for his current dogs) but like DM have heard he keeps a pup. It was inevitable that he would go home with a dog wasn't it?!

We're loving it too :dance: I cried watching the very first one which featured the staffy who'd been used for breeding, starved and left in a suitcase in a park :cry: I sat with Eddie and Lola on each side of me and hugged them both.

Believe me, it will still move you to tears years on; I used to foster rescued lurchers and greyhounds and the condition of some of them was appalling. My last foster lurcher was a case in point; she'd was malnourished, dehydrated, had rotten teeth and mange. I ended up keeping her and she lived to be 16; loving and loyal to the end. It's sad when some people can mistreat an animal which gives such unconditional love.

Hopefully the series will prompt more people to adopt rescue dogs, and encourage others to volunteer at rescues/be walkers.

I have heard that Paul doesn't keep the boxer

:( was hoping that he would, but if it's too boisterous for his current dogs then hopefully they will make a feature out of that in order to encourage people to think carefully when they pick a dog. Too many end up back in rescue because things haven't been thought out :(

I have heard that Paul doesn't keep the boxer

:( was hoping that he would, but if it's too boisterous for his current dogs then hopefully they will make a feature out of that in order to encourage people to think carefully when they pick a dog. Too many end up back in rescue because things haven't been thought out :(

Yes I agree, it would be great if it could be used as a story to encourage people to think about choosing a dog carefully (unlike the couple who rehomed the nervous dog Benny (?) and then bought him back after 2 days because he was too big and needed too much work :twisted: ).

better than the ones who returned a dog to the rescue my friend works at because 'it didn't go with the decor' :roll::evil:

I do homechecks for three lurcher/greyhound charities and they are pretty stringent; the report is sent back to the rescue and they will then call the potential adopter to have a further discussion with them before making the decision.

The kennels Willow came from have had at least one dog returned because it has "wind" - erm, don't all dogs have that problem :wall::wall::wall:

Yes at times some greys are particularly bad the nerves have a direct connection with the guts when we first had ours out of kennels any loud noises, shocks or anything new caused direct output! He is fine now although has a strict diet but is not so easily shocked either. You would think people would expect these normal behaviours when changing homes especially when they are rescue dogs.

better than the ones who returned a dog to the rescue my friend works at because 'it didn't go with the decor' :roll::evil:

I do homechecks for three lurcher/greyhound charities and they are pretty stringent; the report is sent back to the rescue and they will then call the potential adopter to have a further discussion with them before making the decision.

I should remember this when getting my next and should pick one the colour of the sitting room carpet my two are moulting at the moment one is balding I've just ordered a made to measure coat ready for the wet/cold.

:shock: people never cease to amaze me.

Our rescue rottie had been in and out of the dogs home 3 times before we got him :( I can see why as he did have a lot of issues but we made a promise that if after we'd tried everything we still couldn't sort him out then he'd be going to the vets not back to the dogs home.

I daren't watch it, as I know I would be crying for days after each programme. Plus the urge for a dog would become even more unbearable.

Incase you haven't guessed, I am having another try at hubby (again) to get a dog.

At W.I the other night, we had a talk on medical alert dogs & cancer detection dogs. I wanted to cry there. The eyes, noses & faces of these innocent dogs makes me ooze with love for them. Beautiful!

I have told hubby that I will never, ever , ever give up trying & hoping.

I love Paul o' Grady - I think he is so down to earth, genuine & lovely.

Emma.x