Hayleybug

They're here!!! with more pics!

ive got 3 bantam dottes, 1 silver pencilled, 1 barred and 1 blue laced!!

im so excited but i have a massive tension headache from worrying about them all the way home! hopefully this second cuppa will sort me out.

going to go and let them out into the WIR soon so they can hopefully find their way around and get some food before dark :)

Aww congrats!!! :dance::dance: It's been a bit of a wait after you were let down by that breeder....but hay the're here now so enjoy!!! They might need a bit of help up to bed for a few nights, but hopefully coming down from their eglu will mean they know where to go up to bed!!! :D:D

Pics pretty please!?? I guess in your excitment you didn't do much of the national??? :lol:

Aww congrats!!! :dance::dance: It's been a bit of a wait after you were let down by that breeder....but hay the're here now so enjoy!!! They might need a bit of help up to bed for a few nights, but hopefully coming down from their eglu will mean they know where to go up to bed!!! :D:D

Pics pretty please!?? I guess in your excitment you didn't do much of the national??? :lol:

luckily they have put themselves to bed, mainly because the pencilled didnt come out of the eglu at all (scaredy pants) and the blue laced only popped her head out. the barred jumped up on top of the eglu to see what i was doing while i fed the garden birds and then flapped down from there to the floor (about 6 foot!!!) so she knows where the food is at least :)

i had a look around at most of the show cages before as i got there at about 10.30, but still didnt see it all and didnt get to meet up with everyone in my haste to get them home!

Yeay finally! :dance::dance::dance: Feels like we've been waiting ages (in the nicest possible way :wink: ). Can't wait to hear more and see some pictures in your lovely run :D

i know, its been ages! and even before that i'd wanted chickens for about 6 years!

hoping to get decent pics tomorrow, maybe they will get out of bed then!

just wondering whether they will be ok without having eaten much today? I havent shut the eglu door so that they can come and get some food as soon as they get up if they want to (i have scattered a bit of pellet/corn/mealworm mix on the table top just near the door as i was trying to lure the wussy ones out earlier). will they be warm enough if they havent eaten much? or should i shut them in just for tonight?

Up to you really, if closing the door would give you peace of mind then do it (I'm a worrier so I would!! :lol::roll: ) They will explore tomorrow and in a few days it will be like you've always had them!!! :D

I went to The National last year for the first time and loved it, although the noise was amazing!! :lol: You can like me go next year!! I'm going tomorrow......keep telling self only looking!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Up to you really, if closing the door would give you peace of mind then do it (I'm a worrier so I would!! :lol::roll: ) They will explore tomorrow and in a few days it will be like you've always had them!!! :D

I went to The National last year for the first time and loved it, although the noise was amazing!! :lol: You can like me go next year!! I'm going tomorrow......keep telling self only looking!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

thanks Mimi, we went out this evening and when driving home the temp gauge on the car went down to 3 and the motorway signs said the gritters were out! so i went out with a torch and shut the eglu. the i came back in and got my pjs on and OH said 'are you sure they were all in the eglu and there wasnt one sitting in the WIR'?? so of course i had to then put my boots back on with my pjs and dressing gown to go out again with my torch to double check there were no chilly chooks in the run!

crispy grass out there already, think there will be a pretty impressive frost tonight in rural areas so i feel better now ive shut the door. probably will regret it when i have to get up at 7 to open it for them!

Ah another confirmed worrier!!! :lol: Well join the club.....I always give the pekins their breakfast in my pj's!!!!! :oops: Off to The National in a mo, just wish it wasn't 2 hrs from me!!! :roll:

Enjoy your girls and the sunshine!!!

yep, now ive got 3 little featherballs to worry about along with everything else!!

have fun at the national!

I would have shut the door too. I always shut ours in at night.

Another member of the worry club. :D

Chrissie

its very good to know im not alone! i definitely slept better knowing they were tucked in!

one of them still hasnt ventured out of the eglu even though i opened it at 7.15, is this normal do you think? im going to pop out shortly and check she is ok by opening the eggport.

they still havent worked out the ramp bit! we are going out for a walk today, i thought they might settle a bit if they have some peace and quiet to find their way around. im hoping to get some pics and post them on here because im not sure they are all old enough to have layers pellets. Clementine (the silver pencilled) has quite a red face and is older than the other 2 apparently but i dont want to feed them all layers if they shouldnt all be on it yet!

see- more worrying! :oops:

Yay new chickens. I look forward to pictures. 8) I shut mine in at night. I'm up early anyway to leave the dog out. And yes I do let the chickens out in my pjs. :lol:

I'd leave them on growers until the spring or until they lay.

unfortunately i bought layers pellets when i was expecting to get them, and so thats what theyve got now. do you think they will be ok on those until i can get some growers for them instead? im trying to find a farm supply shop for popping in today...

cyprusetc2012044.jpg

Clementine (oldest and top chook already)

cyprusetc2012048.jpg

Lola (bravest initially so i think middle chook)

cyprusetc2012058.jpg

Peggy Sue (bottom chook)

i hope these come out ok i tried to resize in photobucket but its all changed and not sure if i did it right!

i'll get some without mesh in the way asap just didnt want to freak them out as they are all now eating and drinking :dance: