My purple eglu will be arriving tomorrow! Unfortunately, I can't have a Miss Pepperpot so when I pick up the Mendlesham Blue from my local breeder I will also choose another chicken.

:lol:

Really excited now and off to a feed supplier this afternoon for Hemcore etc.

Will post photos as soon as possible.

My cube arrives at around 13.00 tomorrow. YESSSSSSSS!

I am then up to Cotswold Chickens to collect 6 hens - a Speckledy, Bluebelle, Sussex, White Star, Amber Star, and a Bovan Nera.

I'm Soooo excited.

Various questions keep popping into my head. Like -

How much lime should I use on the ground? and where do I get it?

How much Hemcore do I put down in the run?

Does it matter if the hens peck the Hemcore/Aubiose?

Can I use it in the nest boxes as well as under the perching rungs?

Can I sprinkle tea tree /lavender oil on the Aubiose?

Where can I get Stalosan in Kent near Sevenoaks?

Oh you are so so lucky - Could I ask when you ordered your cube???

The waiting for mine to arrive is now killing me! I don't really mind as I know Omlet have been busy, but I just want my extra chuckies & cube!

Cotswold cchickens are brilliant. I visited when I was on holiday round that way in May. The chickens they have are very well cared for and lovely!

I liked the amber stars & white stars. When we went, the man thought all the bluebells had been sold. Then this one cheeky little bluebell popped its head out from behind a box thing! It was lovely...if I'd had m cube, I'd have taken it home!

Not long then now eh? YOu will love chicken keeping - they are so much fun - you'll be camping outside for the rest of the week!!! :lol:

Enjoy

Emma.x

My Bobbi Chicken is a Memblesham Amber.

She is white with very pale orange shades.

She is the most placid of my three and is the only one who will sit on my knee for any length of time.

I presume a Memblesham Blue would be of similar temperament just a different colour. Maybe :?:

I presume a Memblesham Blue would be of similar temperament just a different colour. Maybe

When we got our Brown Nick. They had Memblesham Blues and the breeder said they were the same as a Bluebell. They certainly looked like a Bluebell. :lol: Apparently Bluebell is the name that Meadowsweet Poultry use.

I ordered on May 17th! So it has been a long wait. But hey todays the day!!!!!

I now have a four hour return journey to Cotswold Chickens to get my 6 babies - but my husband has already checked them out on his way back from Powis with the Grandchildren. He agrees with you that they are excellent and well cared for. I went to a local supplier the other day and was horrified at the state of them. Hence the journey.

Pics when and if I can!!! :roll:

I'd like a green cube icon too - any suggestions on how I get one

Eglu arrived at 3 o'clock. Unfortunately, the gingernut ranger from Omlet is about five weeks younger than the two from Warwickshire Rare breeds and much smaller ( in fact she's about half the size of my Mendlesham Blue!) Hence we have a bit of bullying going on at the moment and the gingernut has retreated to the eglu.

I also had a Suffolk Noir which is very similar to the Pepperpot, however, she appears to be the main instigator of the bullying.

They really like snails and rice!!

Hopefully some photos attached!!

IMGP0428.jpg

IMGP0421-1.jpg

IMGP0420-1.jpg

IMGP0417-1.jpg

IMGP0428.jpg

The waiting for mine to arrive is now killing me! I don't really mind as I know Omlet have been busy, but I just want my extra chuckies & cube!

Enjoy

Emma.x

When's yours due to be delivered Emma?