Cate in NZ

Empty roads

You really can tell that the schools have broken up around here......... the roads are empty :D

I left home 20 mins later than usual today, and arrived at work 5 mins earlier than usual :shock: I did miss out my usual detour to drop Immi off though, but that only saved me around 10 mins.

I love the summer holidays :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Now all I want is a little bit of sun............. surely that's not asking for too much, pretty please 8)

I want a lot of sun :pray::pray: I'm due to go back to work on Monday after 2 weeks off and I'm well peed off that I've spent most of the time in the rain - I usually go back to work feeling relaxed and batteries recharged - I'm presently ready to bite the head off of anyone who looks at me :twisted::twisted::twisted: - and to top it all off I missed a party last night in the Omlet bar - not a happy bunny.

PS for all you men out there I am not, repeat not hormonal :lol::lol::lol:

now I know that the schools have broken out, as all the cars seem to be on the M5 southbound!!

It now adds about 15 minutes to my journey - thankfully I won't be doing it for long!

A

xx

:oops::oops: Oh dear Andrew, there was I celebrating how easy my journey is now and forgetting all those of you in lovely holiday hot spots (and on all routes to said hot spots). I hope that your journey isn't too bad for too long.

But what's this about not doing it for long :? Have I missed something, changes afoot :?:D:D:D

Well it is true that I have decided to pack my job in.

Quite frankly I hate not being home and not having time to do what I want to do. The other week I left for work at 7am, and got in at 130am and left for work again at 7am. That's just no fun. Neither was doing 12 days in with 1 day off after day 9.

As for the future I have no firm plans. I may be going back to the Building Society I worked for a few years ago - if all goes to plan then it could see me doing flexi-time so I can work 4 days a week and I'd be 15-20mins from home.

Long term this should give me time to develop One-Man-Banned - something that has sat on an unlit back burner whilst working for Hertz.

So that's it really!

A

xx

if all goes to plan then it could see me doing flexi-time so I can work 4 days a week and I'd be 15-20mins from home.

I did this 18 months ago. I realised that I could manage on just 4 days pay (and I mean just :roll: ) so went part time (well 30 hours a week) but 18 months down the line it was the best thing I ever did. Sure, I have no money, everything has to be thought through and saved for, but I have 3 day weekends and TIME to do what I want to do. Money it isn't all it's cracked up to be!

Good luck with it Andrew, follow your dreams!

How's your house plan Andrew?

I have a plan of writing so I can go free lance in 5-6 years and live in my nice country house with chickens :D

Good luck with the writing Choccy - if it gets you where you want to be you have to do it.

Our house plans are on hold for the moment. As we didnt get the plot we wanted we have struggled to find another so it's just a case of waiting to see if any come up. The thirties house near us that came on the market has been sold and we're not ready to get this one on the market.

It will happen one day - but for now we're staying put.

A

xx

Don't forget there are lots of nice areas Andrew I used to think inside the box then finally made a huge move with great trepidation but now I wonder why I didn't do it years ago :lol:

One man banned will work wherever you are :?

Good luck for all your plans :wink:

I want a lot of sun :pray::pray: I'm due to go back to work on Monday after 2 weeks off and I'm well peed off that I've spent most of the time in the rain - I usually go back to work feeling relaxed and batteries recharged - I'm presently ready to bite the head off of anyone who looks at me :twisted::twisted::twisted: - and to top it all off I missed a party last night in the Omlet bar - not a happy bunny.

PS for all you men out there I am not, repeat not hormonal :lol::lol::lol:

Awww :( Head on over here, for the weekend, lass. Tons of sunshine, more than enough to go around & I won't use it. :wink: Need to bring yer SPF 40, though - just to rub it in. . .groan :roll:

OOOOOOOOOOOOooo Sarah, sounds like what we all need. Can you cope with the UK forum all in one go?!

I've had my washing in and out so many times today, I've given up now and it's adorning various rooms in my house. Feels like a launderette :roll:

Back on topic.

I hold my hands up to being a caravan holiday maker on the roads of the UK! I make no apologies though (we pay our taxes :wink:) It's brilliant, we love the outdoors, and it a very friendly experience if you like meeting people.

Our roads here have been bliss. I made it into work in 10 mintues last week. I did think I should have walked though :roll:

Sunshine? Whats that?? :?

I only live 5 minutes drive from work so traffic not usually a problem - the problem is getting out of my drive as I live opposite the primary school :evil: If I set off for work at ten to nine, I have no chance as my road is completely blocked by 4x4s - most of whom live within walking distance of the school.

And don't get me started on trying to get home at 3.30!! :shock:

Less traffic is wonderful, but not if the council decide to plant roadworks right across your road end so you meet a 20 min queue to get out of your street, and up to 35 mins from either way to get back in. For six weeks.

And if you turn right, there's another set on the other side of the roundabout, two miles away. Resurfacing. 3 weeks.

Smashing.