Goosey Lucy

My Swing Seat project

I have finally wrangled Photobucket into submission and would like to show you my before and after photos of my garden swing seat.

20130612_111301_zpsf7a7bc94.jpg

It was left behind when the previous owners sold us the house and was rather shabby and unloved. Rather than take it to the tip I bought some bright ripstop nylon fabric from my favourite shop in Ramsey and...ta dah!

20130612_121748_zpsfa68bb98.jpg

am rather pleased with it. I've also made it so that it can be easily removed so hopefully it won't go all yucky in the wet weather.

I hope you like it :D

Gorgeous! Well done!!!

And what is even more impressive is that you appear to have completed the project in the same season, based on the foliage etc in the before and after pics. My current project (well, the biggest of many) is erecting and furnishing a tiny summerhouse - we bought it in the autumn and I only finished painting the outside last month :oops:

That is lovely! I have a swing seat in my garden which I adore! Only problem is someone leant on the back and made t rip along the stitching line. I have repaired it once but it has torn again :( I was just thinking a few days ago about if there was a suitable fabric for it as it is outdoors all the time. Where did you get your from? Some I have seen online don't say anything about using it for seating just for clothing and tents.