craftyhunnypie

Piglets!

On Sunday morning we woke up to 8 bundles of joy.....Piglets! Been checking them lots over the last couple of days. They are very cosy with mum, lots of straw & their heat lamp. This morning, I go out to check on them & do a double take. I stand there & count 9..yes 9 piglets!!!!! I count them another couple of times to make sure & shout my hubby. He comes & counts 9 too! He he. It looks like every time we had looked the past couple of days, one piglet had always been hiding in the straw! You can imagine how we have laughed! They are very sweet, very healthy & of equal size - no runts thank goodness. All feeding well from mum & 2 are starting to get a bit mischievous & adventurous.

You've heard of the mad cat woman...I'm the mad pig woman!

Emma.x

Sorry - I do have pics & will post them once the sun goes down. Got a lot of outdoor duties to see to today. They are seriously cute & now running around everywhere into everything. They were suckling on my husbands work dungarees / overalls yesterday & pinching pig nuts from his hand! Naughty! They are like little rockets running about, but so tame. Much tamer than last time - they will let you touch them & play with them. I'm afraid I have a soft spot for one of them. Uh oh! Higher proportion of girlies this time. Stop drumming those fingers & wait for pics. I assure you they will be worth waiting for. They look bigger in pics than they are. They are just slighter larger than a swiss roll!

Emma.x

Piglet pics!!!!!

Piglet play time with some of the chickens!

PigletsampChickens2_zps8ffcf5cb.jpg

Oh & here is my 'chosen one'. I've called it Splodge because it looks like it's been splodged with white paint. It's black with white socks, a pink nose & a white tip of the tail! They look bigger in photos than they actually are. Compare them to the size of my chooks & you'll be able to judge their size. I just love my Kune Kunes.

Splodge_zps62862f75.jpg

Emma.x