craftyhunnypie

Piglets!

Perhaps I should set up virtual adoptions! He he. Humbugs & swiss roll on legs. ha ha. It's funny when they are play wrestling with each other. They are very tired piglets tonight, after their adventures - all totally zonked.

Will keep you updated with piggy pics if you like. Hubby has his eye on keeping one of the stripey ones - so I may be unning a name the piglet thing on here at a later date.

Glad you like them! I never imagined years ago that I'd have pigs. I feel truly blessed!

Emma.x

Yes - they are like a soft hairbrush to the touch, although the hair isn't long yet. Kune Kunes are known as hairy pigs.

We are only keeping 2. The black with white socks 'Splodge' & a pale stripy one (unnamed as yet).

The piglets have not been running riot since I took those photos. They have only mooched out the edge of the ark. Probably because it's been rainy & a bit of a cold wind. So they snuggle up to mum & lay on their backs showing their modesty under the heat lamp!

Emma.x

My little sweeties are 6 weeks old now & simply go wherever they like. You can't get better free range than this little lot, they are devils! Three of them were in my garden yesterday stood staring at me as I was washing up at the kitchen window. Today on their adventures, I was feeding them weaners pig rolls from my hand. This lot are unbelievably tame & follow me like little podgey puppies. Ha ha. I'm quite the pied piper when I walk the fields. I followed by 9 piglets and a large trail of chickens. It looks so funny! I have some more pics of the piglets that I will show you all tomorrow. :D

Emma.x