Space Chick

Mum and son love

Sometimes they fall out, but I'm never in any doubt that they love each other deeply.

Sabrina was only around 10 months old when she had Harry, he was her only surviving kitten (according to the RSPCA), they rescued them from abuse in a home, rehomed them where they were mistreated again and were re-caught by the RSPCA.

They've been with us (their forever home) for the last 2 and a half years after being labelled "problem cats" due to their mistrust of humans following neglect.

They are amazing cats, and we love them so much.

Hubby captured this photo today which I think is stunning.

Lovely to see that Harry and Sabrina love each other so much :D

DSC00776_zpsbaa00297.jpg

We also have Sophie who is now 18 months and has happily joined the family (there are several photos of her on here too :P )

How lovely? Bet they are pleased they found you and can finally settle :D We gave a home to our youngest cat, Gizmo. The home didn't seem to be a bad one just a split relationship and the woman could no longer keep her. However, Gizzy is very funny with people if you are near an outside door. She has whacked us around the face several times. I dread to think what she has experienced to be that way :cry: She has been with us for about 3 years now and is settling in much better. Slow and steady is best I feel.

How lovely? Bet they are pleased they found you and can finally settle :D We gave a home to our youngest cat, Gizmo. The home didn't seem to be a bad one just a split relationship and the woman could no longer keep her. However, Gizzy is very funny with people if you are near an outside door. She has whacked us around the face several times. I dread to think what she has experienced to be that way :cry: She has been with us for about 3 years now and is settling in much better. Slow and steady is best I feel.

I agree!

It took a good year for Sabrina and Harry to trust us, and Harry is still very nervous of strangers. :(

They are both so affectionate now though :D

Sophie was abandoned in a cardboard box a few days after Christmas, we adopted her in the January at 10 weeks old, although she's always been adorable as can't remember anything bad! In fact, she increased the older cats trust and confidence in us as they could hear her purr when we were fussing her and they wanted some of that happy action too!

It does take a long time to build trust, but it does come. We had an abused rescue cat for many years and she was very wild at first, would attack our hands and feet. I would say that it took the best part of four years for her to fully settle, but she became a very soppy middle aged lady and lived until she was 19.