Chickabee

Synoquin for dogs

I have just been advised by my vet that my 10 year old lab has early onset arthritis. She recommended Synoquin.

It's £62.50 for 120 tablets ! And for the first week or so you have to give them 3 a day. Does anyone use this. I've looked it up on the internet. It contains glucosamine HCI, Dexahan (fish oil), Ascorbic acid (vit C), zinc and Chonndroitin. Have decided to make my own concoction using all of the above, it will be much cheaper. What do you think :?:)

I've just found a supplement for dogs containing everything but the zinc and fish oil. £14.99 for 120 tabs. Going to use that plus fish oil, which he loves and zinc. Fortunately it's very eay to give him tablets as he's a very gentle. Just slip the tablet in the back of his throat and rub. Otherwise it would be messy peanut butter every day :)

Think mine are about £17 for 240 but may have to use more it goes on the dog size but I have a subscription where they come out automatically every couple of months. I just put them with their breakfast and they eat them like that so they must taste ok, have more trouble with the wormers although I've found that if I use the soft flapjack and wrap it all around one of mine will swallow anything whole while the other always finds the pill so have to put that one down her throat!

Or butter.Mind you labs generally swallow most things,Trying to give my Schnauser a tablet is like trying to give something to a cat.I think those tabs upset my labs tummy and he went back to Flex or something for his arthritis,did the vet not recommend an anti inflammatory like metacam.Sadly my dog couldn't tolerate anti arthritis drugs and had to rely on Tramadol only.