kinsk

Anyone elses dogs going wild in the wind?

Ours have been so funny today, the wind has definitely got them going. The two pups have barely stopped all day other than for a quick power nap after lunch. They've bee tearing round the field, digging and digging, wrestling and just generally having a great time. Lovely to watch them, and should hopefully mean a nice quiet evening when they come in!

they both have big ears so they flap around in the wind.

:lol:

We've got a rottie pup who's just over 6 months old and a Jack Russell pup who's 10 months old. Also got another JR but he's had to go and stay with my parents-in-law as little Pip is having her first season.

Yes, Tango has been going loopy in wind, but like Grandmashazzie's dog also gets quite jumpy too :roll: The snow totally sent her wild too, moreso than the wind - I took her out for a long walk a couple of days after the snow fell (somewhere we go at least a couple of times a week) and she spent most of the walk as a small dot zipping about on the horizon, at one point I spotted her coursing a *ahem* big bunny at top speed in the opposite direction to me, by which point my nerves were totally shredded! Looking forward to some more normal weather soon! :lol::pray:

Our oldest dog Kia does not like the wind - not at all :notalk:

In her view, trees should stand still, not jump around, and should definitely not be dropping branches. They also shouldn't be making a screaming noise. She is very clear about this and if you're silly enough to suggest she might want to go out in the run in that weather, she will give you the LOOK :shock:

The other two were not impressed by the high wind, but did as they were asked. Kia gave me the LOOK ...

Horses are terrible in wind! They get really jumpy and seem to be convinced that there are killer beasts lurking behind every bush :lol: I had a totally miserable walk with the dog this afternoon, the wind was unbelievably strong and despite being wrapped up like an arctic explorer the wind was biting - my eyes and nose were streaming and my ears were actually painful. At one point I was struggling to make any forward progress as the wind was blowing right into me. In the end I gave up, stuck Tango on her lead and let her pull me along. I'm not sure she was impressed, she was having a lovely time zipping around in the wind :lol:

YES! I am training my rescue dog on a lead and he was driving me mad the other day pulling, when he had been so good recently. Then I realised that the wind was blowing down the road straight at us, with all those lovely smells of things he could hunt! I changed direction and he was back under control!!!