Purplemaniacs

Did the earth move for you?

Tonight I was at the archery club committee meeting at Greetham in Rutland when the earth moved, there was a loud rumble and my chair moved :shock: It was quite scary, DD in another Rutland village felt it too, she thought it was her new gas boiler blowing up, she ran upstairs to grab the baby and was just about to rush into her bedroom when she realised it wasn't the boiler but an earthquake.

Did anyone else feel it?

The British Geological Society say 3.8

Chrissie

Not felt anything. Of course if it was at night then that would be minimal compared to hubby's snoring when the room shakes routinely. Winchester not far but no, didn't feel that. Nor did I feel any when I was expecting my first and lying on the settee when somewhere up the road felt one some 24 years ago! We did, however, get the blast from the explosion at the oil place in Hemel Hempstead years ago when it was like thunder and the roof and windows shook. We could see the smoke from here too.

Didn't feel it here, but we are buffeted quite a lot by the westerly wind here, as the cottage is quite exposed.

I've experienced a 5.1 earthquake and was working on the 16th floor of an office block at the time, so that was quite scary. The last big one in Brum was the 4.7 Dudley epicentre earthquake of 2002. That was early hours of the morning and woke me as the noise was frightening :shock: